Levy; Criminal Zero or Deadline Hero? | Vital Football

Levy; Criminal Zero or Deadline Hero?

How many players will we sign before the deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spursex

Alert Team
We all know the score, so far nothing done, all the ITK's have blown themselves away and talk of deals being already done have been shown to be less than true..

The talk in the ether, the gossip is that we're still trying hard on two, three, four or more deals...

last summer, the same level of manic depression appeared fully justified until that last few days - will it be the same again, or have we really blown it this time?

So what will it be?

Whats your expectation now?

I would settle for one quality signing, as long as we keep Toby and Rose. If Pulisic is being touted at £65m I'm sure he could be got for £55m plus add on's

Six at least: Charlie Adam, Saido Berahino, Peter Crouch, Frederico Fazio, Leandro Damiao, and a letter from Rivaldo's mum saying he'd like to come but he has a nut allergy and it's past his bed time. And it's all good because Donna Cullen (whose a genius) said that we have minted a new Harry from the Harry production line and he'll be along shortly....

Yeah I have gone for 2.

I think how much we spend will be telling. If we spend big on a player before selling anyone I expect Toby to be sold.

last summer, the same level of manic depression appeared fully justified until that last few days

This made me chuckle.

Last season we had an amazing start of the season with Sanchez, not to mention there was no talk about 2 key players leaving, so we are in a far worse place at this point.

The end of that window saw Llorente and Aurier come in, only 1-2 were happy with Llorente and the verdict on Aurier was split. Neither made the window a success.

I think one of Zaha/Martial, a CM and maybe a LB if Danny Rose to Wolves is a real thing.

I'd be happy with that. I wouldn't want Danny to go and KWP to be our cover at LB, I rate him highly - but 9 times out of a 10 a full back will be much better on his natural side.

I'm pretty confident Levy wouldn't leave things exactly as they are, even aside from the more reliable ITK-ers (and Ex) saying a few deals are still expected. What I'm really unsure on is our outs. Poch did a fantastic job of shifting deadwood and injury prone players when he arrived, it feels like if we make a few signings this window we could have quite a bloated squad again and whilst strength in depth is good I think team spirit and togetherness suffers when you have players around who aren't getting games or are in and out of the squad too much. Not to mention the wantaway players like Toby and Danny potentially poisoning the well.

I put 3 but I think I'm probably being optimistic. My gut feeling is we are working on 6 deals at the moment where 5 of the deals are currently looking unlikely.

The real issue is how clubs from the other big Euro leagues hold all the cards because of our window closing so much earlier compared to them. This is why I cannot see ANY incoming players from outside of England. Levy will not be willing to pay such inflated prices under these circumstances.

I'd put money on our window closing date being changed back for next summer.

1 CM and maybe one AM, Dembele and Toby to leave and fund these moves.

I've given up . Even fed up with scouring the NewsNow click bait site in the hope of a sensational eighteen goal a season ,twelve assists , left wing back ,speed merchant who is desperate to play for us for ten grand a week with a price tag that Levy licks his lips about .
I expect none . Winner winner if I'm wrong :wahey:

Outs:
-Toby (I still see him departing)
-Dembele (Kind of surprised this hasn't been done yet)
-Maybe Rose (still think he wants away)

In:
-Zaha
-Grealish or Martial

***Bonus round and would really make this window special is bringing in Pulisic

So my answer is 2 + 2.

2 for now, and 2 investments for the future.

They would be Martial or Zaha and a treat from Poch, someone like Sanchez that I had to google. It would then be 2 out of de Ligt, Sessegnon, Pulisic and Neves for the future, assuming we couldn't get them now.

Time to get creative Daniel. Go and study the Keita deal.