Lenegan | Vital Football

Lenegan

Pie eyed

Vital Youth Team
Well there we have it from the admins he was never interested in Latics survival and that will leave a very bitter taste even more going forward let’s hope they are moved to robin park lodgers
https://www.bt.com/sport/news/wigan-warriors-owner-ian-lenagan-leads-bid-to-save-wigan-A statement read: “Being born and bred in Wigan, Ian Lenagan and Gary Speakman understand what both clubs mean to the local community.
“We strongly believe that Wigan Athletic is better being locally-owned.
“As sustainability and ownership of the stadium is equally important to both clubs, we are currently working with our longstanding advisers KPMG and talking to external parties.
“Our intention is to identify other investors quickly and start due diligence on the football club with the intention of making a bid in due course.
athletic

The article says 10m sale price, I wonder what he gets with his money. The players and the club... what else? 🤔
The land at the currently unused former Orrell RU site ?....not sure whether that land is protected from development or not (not that this often prevents development eventually) but if the guy is worth 4 or 5 times what Dave Whelan was .....maybe he doesn’t care ?

Interesting development about Lenegan on the verge of selling Warriors!I wonder if Danson(who bought 25% off him in summer)will buy the other 75% and is also possibly one of the 6 interested parties,who has shown proof of funds to buy us.Or even one of the 3 most advanced groups with the EFL for that matter?He's worth over a billion and a football fan apparently,but obviously not Latics as he would've acted ages ago with that sort of wealth if he was.

Warriors Forum: Lenagan to sell the club.

According to League Express, IL could be about to sell
Wigan to Mike Danson for £10 million.

1--If this is true I can see Danson also purchasing Latics and bringing about the “Wigan Sporting Partnership” IL proposed initially.

2-- Worth around £477m iirc, Considerably richer than IL,
Maybe a new Stadia could be on it's way.

Very interesting times ahead, is this what the Admins have been waiting for?

https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=632004&sid=76bdc842d518a3712b3442c26c1fe37c

If a billionaire Wiganer wanted to buy Latics it would have been done long ago.

Still good news if true that Warriors are getting taken over by someone that rich. Will hopefully mean that Robin Park gets converted into a new purpose build stadium for them and we then get the DW to ourselves. Finally we can turn it from a soulless concrete bowl into something that actually feels like home.

If a billionaire Wiganer wanted to buy Latics it would have been done long ago.

Still good news if true that Warriors are getting taken over by someone that rich. Will hopefully mean that Robin Park gets converted into a new purpose build stadium for them and we then get the DW to ourselves. Finally we can turn it from a soulless concrete bowl into something that actually feels like home.

Nice idea CL.....but using ‘what money‘ to fund the required millions to remodel/refurb a stadium that is already too big?.....we are currently bust and going to press...still looking for an owner to shell out what is a (relative) pittance to buy a pro football club complete with its own stadium and training ground.

Nice idea CL.....but using ‘what money‘ to fund the required millions to remodel/refurb a stadium that is already too big?.....we are currently bust and going to press...still looking for an owner to shell out what is a (relative) pittance to buy a pro football club complete with its own stadium and training ground.
“Required millions”. I’m talking about a lick of paint you doughnut. The fans will do it if needs be. I’ll be more than happy to donate a weekend to help turn the DW blue and white.

“Required millions”. I’m talking about a lick of paint you doughnut. The fans will do it if needs be. I’ll be more than happy to donate a weekend to help turn the DW blue and white.
Correct Clatic,from what i'm told (as not been since march)The stadium needs a good cleaning inside and out,I know a few folks who would gladly power wash,paint or sweep the stadium to help out!Time to restore a bit of pride to our beleagured stadium!!

From Wigan Warrions Site:
https://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39478&start=20

1--Have to agree the stadium is a money pit. To keep maintain and bring up to standard would be pumping money into a white elephant.
Was built on the cheap wrong land and that can't ever be rectified .

2--Problem is in truth the ground is too big for both teams.

3 --In some respects, elite training facilities, community work, academy/reserve grade (in the future, obviously), Education, Hospitality and so on, the investment in Robin Park is becoming a 'gold chest'.

This together with the future sale of the Orrell set-up and the Central Park facility(?) will at the same time add to the Club's financial performance in the seasons ahead.

Sympathy to Latics though for their predicament, anyone know how the situation is regarding a takeover ?

4--I doubt Wigan Council would ever grant permission to build another stadia when we have one.
As soul-less as it is, if we buy and modify it, we could finally call it home.

From Wigan Warrions Site:
https://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39478&start=20

1--Have to agree the stadium is a money pit. To keep maintain and bring up to standard would be pumping money into a white elephant.
Was built on the cheap wrong land and that can't ever be rectified .

2--Problem is in truth the ground is too big for both teams.

3 --In some respects, elite training facilities, community work, academy/reserve grade (in the future, obviously), Education, Hospitality and so on, the investment in Robin Park is becoming a 'gold chest'.

This together with the future sale of the Orrell set-up and the Central Park facility(?) will at the same time add to the Club's financial performance in the seasons ahead.

Sympathy to Latics though for their predicament, anyone know how the situation is regarding a takeover ?

4--I doubt Wigan Council would ever grant permission to build another stadia when we have one.
As soul-less as it is, if we buy and modify it, we could finally call it home.
They can feck right off

You want to ‘convert a soulless concrete bowl‘ with a lick of paint ?

oh and less of the doughnut ....I was just questioning the viability of spending money on the stadium in this situation .....for what it’s worth I agree that with your description of the place .....no need for you to start with the childish retorts