Legends Lounge yesterday | Vital Football

Legends Lounge yesterday

NickH

Vital Squad Member
Anyone else experience the Legends Lounge yesterday? Seemed to be about full, and I really enjoyed the view from the padded seat - not particularly padded, but not bad, best view I’ve had at the ground.

Service in the bar was poor and slow, due mainly to inexperienced staff, who could have been better trained, and the fact that there appeared to be only one till shared between 4 servers. Beer cheap enough, but £2 for a bottle of water a bit steep!

The Lounge itself is a bit soulless, but plenty big enough, and sure it will be nice to escape the cold at half-time in the winter.

What did others think of the experience..?

Haha, no food, unless you wanted to stump up for a two course meal for around £20 - nowt free, except a programme and team sheet!

We sit in lower one and didn't think the seats had much padding!
You don't get much for your £520 mate, padded seat, a programme and a team sheet!
Not even one free drink?
Think you get a meal in the posh bit in the selenity?
O well at least you get to the imps from a decent area, upper two isn't bad at all.
Good view of goals 3&4.

We sit in lower one and didn't think the seats had much padding!
You don't get much for your £520 mate, padded seat, a programme and a team sheet!
Not even one free drink?
Think you get a meal in the posh bit in the selenity?
O well at least you get to the imps from a decent area, upper two isn't bad at all.
Good view of goals 3&4.
Best seats are upper 4 !

Anyone else experience the Legends Lounge yesterday? Seemed to be about full, and I really enjoyed the view from the padded seat - not particularly padded, but not bad, best view I’ve had at the ground.

Service in the bar was poor and slow, due mainly to inexperienced staff, who could have been better trained, and the fact that there appeared to be only one till shared between 4 servers. Beer cheap enough, but £2 for a bottle of water a bit steep!

The Lounge itself is a bit soulless, but plenty big enough, and sure it will be nice to escape the cold at half-time in the winter.

What did others think of the experience..?

Actually thought the bar staff did ok considering they only had one till which slowed the service down, hopefully that's a quick fix. Thought bar staff was professional as it was as most people was using the bar and not the coffe and tea facitity. Also the meet and greet, along with a match day programme which is part of the package was good.
It was mentioned the layout was in work in progress.

Surely free tea and coffee?

No, like I said - no free beverages or food. Don’t get me wrong, this was all known when purchasing the season tickets. My prime reason for buying the season tickets was to be guaranteed a decent seat on the occasions that I can get. I generally work Saturdays, but have decided to give myself one Saturday off per month this season...

I thought hospitality would be part of it all so bit surprised not even a cup of tea or coffee included.
And really shocked prawns not available...surely a basic minimum pre-match requirement is a tasty prawn cocktail ??

I thought hospitality would be part of it all so bit surprised not even a cup of tea or coffee included.
And really shocked prawns not available...surely a basic minimum pre-match requirement is a tasty prawn cocktail ??

don`t waste your time on those prawns when there are plenty of crayfish swimming around in the sincil drain.
i regularly drop my pots in the sincil drain prior to kick off and pick them up after the game,usually with a bit of success.
i tell the missus it`s lobster and after they are boiled she can`t tell the difference!
more brownie points for me out on a saturday all day out at the football!

Last edited: