Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 5 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

Its match day tingle time.

Bang up for this one. A lot of smoke is being blown up Leeds backside but they aren't all that. Their defence is dodgy and they have one of the worst keepers in the league so I hope we take the game to them as there could be plenty of opportunities to exploit.

COME ON YOU LIONS

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

My view on the progress this season stands , but just not feeling it for today I’m afraid.
Way, way over the top in terms of the general media perception of Leeds in my humble and I remember such hype last season over Sheff Utd. Just sayin......
But have to admit that they are good at what they do even if it is so inconsistent.
From their point of view after many years out of the premier league to be so comfortable at this point of the season they have no pressure really. So they are in good shape interms of their goal this season.

As I said earlier , we really do not cope with teams that press us and I think , given our poor form and their tactics and playing style we are on for a real struggle later.

Had this game been around Xmas I think we would be in better shape to play them form wise and i would been significantly more confident.

Gulp.

It’s one of those games where I’m quite happy to go back to the days when we were a solid premier league team, and we had some tactical results.

It might not be sirden levels of optimism, but stay in the game and bring a draw home. And on the odd occasion, you might just sneak a later winner.

I would much rather that, than be heading into the dressing room a goal or two down at half time.

I suspect Deano will go toe-to-toe and we’ll what that brings.

It’s one of those games where I’m quite happy to go back to the days when we were a solid premier league team, and we had some tactical results.

It might not be sirden levels of optimism, but stay in the game and bring a draw home. And on the odd occasion, you might just sneak a later winner.

I would much rather that, than be heading into the dressing room a goal or two down at half time.

I suspect Deano will go toe-to-toe and we’ll what that brings.

I think Dean showed after the restart that he can do the tactical stuff. I think a lot of us agree that where there are still some question marks about him, it’s his general in game decision making and he has a big test now when it comes to selection.

He did what we all wanted when he brought Barkley in straight away for Hourihane.

Will he show the same ruthlessness when we need it now ?

Edit: and I guess I should add that a part of that decision making is indeed when to go toe-to-toe and when not to, as you say

Get McGinn and Luiz to take turns getting in advanced positions and hit as many at Melier as possible. Tempting as well to switch Traore and El Ghazi to get as many crosses in as possible as well.

Predictions? Pull two numbers between 0 and 5 out of a hat.

Get McGinn and Luiz to take turns getting in advanced positions and hit as many at Melier as possible. Tempting as well to switch Traore and El Ghazi to get as many crosses in as possible as well.

Predictions? Pull two numbers between 0 and 5 out of a hat.
Luiz must be the most overrated player at the club. Gone backwards if anything this season. Hopefully he's benched today give Nakamba a run

We need to find a new formula whilst Jack is missing , it's no use trying to replace him with ElGhazi or Trez, we have to change the formation and the way we play totally and get back that must not lose attitude
Perhaps a 4411 with 4 sold midfielders with licence for any two to break forwards .
this 42 31 is not going to cut it with Bert and Anwar or anyone else to be honest

Last edited:
My view on the progress this season stands , but just not feeling it for today I’m afraid.
Way, way over the top in terms of the general media perception of Leeds in my humble and I remember such hype last season over Sheff Utd. Just sayin......
But have to admit that they are good at what they do even if it is so inconsistent.
From their point of view after many years out of the premier league to be so comfortable at this point of the season they have no pressure really. So they are in good shape interms of their goal this season.

As I said earlier , we really do not cope with teams that press us and I think , given our poor form and their tactics and playing style we are on for a real struggle later.

Had this game been around Xmas I think we would be in better shape to play them form wise and i would been significantly more confident.

Gulp.

One of those rare occasions where I completely agree with you !

We’ve got one unknown quantity, Sanson but it’s a tough game to come in. If we play like we did at Brighton we’re doomed.

Sanson is not ready yet I am told. Will need to spend a few years in Birmingham until he gets used to playing in the prem, learning english etc.