Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 4 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

Our average goals per game over the last six has dropped to 1 and with Jack out you can’t see that changing. Unless we can get more of the ball this one looks an odds on home win and I fear a battering.

We made a decent fist of it without Grealish against Leicester so we need more of the same minus the bad start.

With my stats hat on I don’t think we have won a match when we haven’t scored first. I also think we have only lost one when we have scored first - at Burnley. Interestingly, in that one we had a wonderful first half, sublime at times, let one in the second half and then disintegrated and have never really found that earlier form again. Almost like we lost something after the shock of that result and performance. Yes we beat Southampton and Arsenal but have never played the fluent attacking football since. Coincidence perhaps, but more difficult to explain why we have been incapable all season of coming back after conceding the first goal.

We are good enough to stop Leeds scoring; they actually aren't that good. If we set out to do that. And we're capable of scoring without Jack. We can win this. But not if we try to blow them off the park. Or are still trying to get the sleep out of our eyes halfway through the first half.

With my stats hat on I don’t think we have won a match when we haven’t scored first. I also think we have only lost one when we have scored first - at Burnley. Interestingly, in that one we had a wonderful first half, sublime at times, let one in the second half and then disintegrated and have never really found that earlier form again. Almost like we lost something after the shock of that result and performance. Yes we beat Southampton and Arsenal but have never played the fluent attacking football since. Coincidence perhaps, but more difficult to explain why we have been incapable all season of coming back after conceding the first goal.
Yep said it for weeks now something happened second half at Burnley and we've not been anywhere near it since.

No one could confidently predict this one really could they?!

I've gone for a rare draw, a Desmond in fact.