Lee Angol | Page 3 | Vital Football

Lee Angol

Yeah, but that ridiculous dive meant that he was always going to get some stick. Didn't think he was up to much today.

He didn't really have much of a kick. I think he's a tidy league 2 player but not worth the £300,000 they were reported to of paid.

Today was the benchmark for how good he is. Didn't think he would get much change out of Rags, and I was right.
Did alright for us last season, but not worth the kind of money talked about.
He could keep himself onside though!

I thought he got an ok reaction?

He played today like he did for us. Back to goal, minimal goal threat, poor in the air. The difference was that he didn't run the channels for them like he did here, which meant he at least contributed.

They also gave Rhead a good round of applause when he was subbed.

As for Angol. He didn't show anything and I believe the rumour is he actually cost £150k or so but is on £2,500 a week!!! eek:)

A little disappointed that some of the crowd booed Angol, however I noticed that when he was subbed NC made a point of shaking Angol's hand and praising him on the sideline, while DC also gave him a hug after the final whistle.
Contrast that with Evans, who at the final whistle chose to run/waddle towards the Mansfield fans without shaking any team Lincoln's hands and it is clear who Angol would have learned the most from...

Tbf, Evans ended up shaking all of our players hands and spent time talking to a handful of them.

It was just the staff that he (and his staff) didn't.

There was nothing in his performance on Saturday that made me wish we had signed him, but he is playing for a different manager. DC could have improved his game and got much more out of him. Was not convinced his heart was in it, a few balls he gave up on when in red and white he would have at least chased down. Would not be surprised to see him back at some stage, but the £ sign will make it unlikely now.
Interesting warm up routine for Mansfield, beach mats and elastic bands around their knees, DC take note !!!

impsimps - 18/9/2017 10:05

There was nothing in his performance on Saturday that made me wish we had signed him, but he is playing for a different manager. DC could have improved his game and got much more out of him. Was not convinced his heart was in it, a few balls he gave up on when in red and white he would have at least chased down. Would not be surprised to see him back at some stage, but the £ sign will make it unlikely now.
Interesting warm up routine for Mansfield, beach mats and elastic bands around their knees, DC take note !!!

No beach mats but we used the bands in the warm up at Stevenage.

impsimps - 18/9/2017 10:05

We've used bands for ages!

"I reckon Terry will get a great reception on Saturday."

I sincerely hope so, top pro who did so much for us last season...

Sincilbanks - 18/9/2017 12:37

He scored the 2 goals...

Sincilbanks - 18/9/2017 12:37

I agree and I think he is the player we miss the most from last season. He could knit the midfield and forward line together. He could pick the ball up and run with it, cut inside and was always head up and looking for someone to lay it off to. He scored a few important goals as well.