Lee Angol | Vital Football

Lee Angol

Kentishimp

Vital Squad Member
reading the Stags message board they're expecting Lee Angol to be given a hard time by our supporters on Saturday, surely not?

The lad went there for the money which is fair enough, hopefully he gets a decent reception when he comes on the pitch and that will be the end of it.

I won't be giving him any grief, he was with us on loan for pity's sake! Hardly pledged himself to us did he? As long as we keep him quiet he's ok by me :pointy:

No grief from me either! Won the pen at Gateshead to spark the comeback win.
But sorry stevie plenty for you!
LANGUAGE! :finger: :thumbdown: :nope:

redimps1 - 14/9/2017 10:52

No grief from me either! Won the pen at Gateshead to spark the comeback win.
But sorry stevie plenty for you!
LANGUAGE! :finger: :thumbdown: :nope:

He had nothing to do with the penalty at Gateshead!!!

Didnt he win the ball on the right and crossed it in?
I must admit to having just about given up by then!

Big Jack McGinley - 14/9/2017 19:54

redimps1 - 14/9/2017 11:34

Didnt he win the ball on the right and crossed it in?
I must admit to having just about given up by then!

It was Long and Ginelly, the cross coming in from Long.

Go on then it's worth watching again...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dg7uror86oPo&ved=0ahUKEwjTirbwrqXWAhWDK1AKHQvCBM4QtwIIIDAA&usg=AFQjCNEzi84mB05cwxakc5AQfcggLhyOCQ

I would be disappointed if we give Angol a hard time on Saturday. He joined us on loan, worked hard and scored some key goals for us - why would we boo him for that? We don't know the in's an out's of the offers he had in the summer from Mansfield, us or anyone else so booing would be out of order in my opinion. I just hope he has a shocker on Saturday that's all!

I feel sorry for the daft bugger signing for Evans wont improve him as a player just his bank balance.

He was raw but has the makings of a decent player and chipped in with some vital goals. No hard feelings here for sure.

Don't we ever saw the best of him during his spell with us bar a couple of games (Braintree away and FGR home) as I dont think he was ever fully fit and struggled with various problems during his time here.

Let's be honest, he was probably offered a boatload of cash and if it was close I reckon he would have been an imps player.

Unfortunately he has gone to play for Evans and the $tag$ - I can let someone like Terry H off for County especially with a better financial offer, but Angol gets a muted reaction for me!

Thinks the Stags are judging us by their own standards. Lee did well for us, just hope he has an off day on Saturday.

Only the second player in City's history to hit a hat-trick on debut, and the first to do it away from home. That is, the only debutant to score a hat-trick away from home in 133 years.

That makes him a club legend in the same way as Billy Cobb.

He also helped us to promotion, that must never be forgotten.

If Mansfield fans beieve that equates to a poor reception, they are sadly wrong.

No real reaction from me - certainly not booing. Did an ok job for us when needed and certainly put a shift in when he played.

Not really here long enough to warrant any stick!

There are times when football is part pantomime and you have to boo the bad guy. This isn't one of them.

Scotimp - 14/9/2017 23:09

Only the second player in City's history to hit a hat-trick on debut, and the first to do it away from home. That is, the only debutant to score a hat-trick away from home in 133 years.

That makes him a club legend in the same way as Billy Cobb.

...and I was at both those games!

Apparently the Mansfield Chairman said they paid £300k combined for the two Posh players (Angol and White).