League Cup 2nd Round Draw | Page 2 | Vital Football

League Cup 2nd Round Draw

Not great (big london club) but not terrible (plymouth).

Shit ground but big away following.

It'll do but not fantastic.

Why the worse draw possible ? They will be solely concerned with staying up and so probably put out the second X1 which probably wont be a lot different in quality to Southampton so we should have a reasonable shout. Although a far better chance if we were at home.

Why would they put a Premiership team at home to a league two team on tv if it was round the other way then definitely but i can't see it with Luton at home.

Well they put a league two v league one team on last round, when there were an array of better games where upsets were on, so who knows?

It's not overly exciting but Luton will probably play a weakened team so a chance of an upset.

Hopefully I can get a ticket (non-ST) as probably the last time I can tick off Kenilworth Road whilst watching Gills.

Been there and seen us lose before. Odd ground that (as the news has delighted in telling everyone) looks completely out of place in the Prem.
Luton fans were horrible last time I went so hopefully they will have grown up a bit and take defeat as graciously as Southampton did.

Just a thought but this has to be played by 28th August. Luton have had permission to move their first couple of prem fixtures I think to MKDons (?). If they can’t play our tie at home could it be moved there or changed to a home tie for us ?

The Luton website indicates that there might be a problem. The game has To Be Confirmed and their first home game is not scheduled until Friday 1st September (West Ham).

Local enough game and flying into Luton that day, so seems like is meant to be visited.
Whether we will be able to go through peoples back gardens to watch it remains to be seen as they have no scheduled home games there before that week.

I see they have signed Ross Barkley
That one completely passed under the radar for me, (fed up with hearing about Harry Kane constantly in Premier league transfer news). So it could be one England international that Gills face.
Today Luton have signed Jacob Brown from Stoke City