League Cup 2nd Round Draw | Vital Football

League Cup 2nd Round Draw

Strangely quite tempted by that draw, it's reasonably close to me in a season where I don't have many local games.

Been there once and we lost so would be nice to put that record straight.

Worse draw possible?

Small ground, crap revenue share. Good team, harder to beat.

Probably be on TV though, so money?

I'd say unlikely to be on TV. How many are televised? From a quick look through the draw, I reckon Salford v Leeds, Fulham v Spurs (not that I'd agree with that one, but suspect the broadcasters will) and Chelsea v Wimbledon are all more likely.

If it's any more than 3 matches televised, I reckon we'd be competing with Doncaster v Everton and Plymouth v Palace.

I can imagine they’ll play a much weaker side as it won’t be a priority. We’re still second favourites by miles but not actually terrible in the grand scheme of things. Could have been away to a L2 rival. They’re Prem, they’re not too far away, and beatable so I am quite happy.

I can imagine they’ll play a much weaker side as it won’t be a priority. We’re still second favourites by miles but not actually terrible in the grand scheme of things. Could have been away to a L2 rival. They’re Prem, they’re not too far away, and beatable so I am quite happy.
They're Prem, but not really Prem.

Last year Championship was very poor outside of top 2. About 10 teams were near the playoffs.

I'd say unlikely to be on TV. How many are televised? From a quick look through the draw, I reckon Salford v Leeds, Fulham v Spurs (not that I'd agree with that one, but suspect the broadcasters will) and Chelsea v Wimbledon are all more likely.

If it's any more than 3 matches televised, I reckon we'd be competing with Doncaster v Everton and Plymouth v Palace.

Who’s Wrexham playing? That’ll be on TV.

Worse draw possible?

Small ground, crap revenue share. Good team, harder to beat.

Probably be on TV though, so money?
Why the worse draw possible ? They will be solely concerned with staying up and so probably put out the second X1 which probably wont be a lot different in quality to Southampton so we should have a reasonable shout. Although a far better chance if we were at home.

Why would they put a Premiership team at home to a league two team on tv if it was round the other way then definitely but i can't see it with Luton at home.

Why the worse draw possible ? They will be solely concerned with staying up and so probably put out the second X1 which probably wont be a lot different in quality to Southampton so we should have a reasonable shout. Although a far better chance if we were at home.

Why would they put a Premiership team at home to a league two team on tv if it was round the other way then definitely but i can't see it with Luton at home.
Yeah, if Luton play a weaker team it could be a decent tie.

Need to have my legs sawn off to fit in those seats.
They have been required to upgrade that stand that looked like a row of seaside shops/beach huts. That has caused a postponement and request to reverse an early home fixture, so you could get lucky.