League 2 Signings | Page 11 | Vital Football

League 2 Signings

I wonder what wage Bradford offered in compariosn to what we offered?

I think this signing is all about money.

Well he didn’t want to stay here and wanted to return north so I doubt we even offered anything, but it’s going to be about money and length of contract for all signings everywhere.

Can’t exactly expect players just to play for the love of the game despite how romantic that idea might be.

I wonder what wage Bradford offered in compariosn to what we offered?

I think this signing is all about money.
It’s always about the money WX

Do you seriously think that Shearer would have stayed with Newcastle or Terry with Chelsea unless they were getting serious money.
Shearer had a clause which made him always the highest paid player at the club, so if they offered another player more than him, he automatically got a pay rise.

Disappointing to see a good player for us make a sideways move (and I personally don’t expect Bradford to do any better than they’ve done in the past half dozen season with their favourite status). However, he said he wanted to go back up north and stuck to his word, unlike some. I thought he may have been good enough to get a league one move, so is probably lacking a bit of ambition, but he’s got a young family up north and a three year deal, presumably on a decent wage, so good luck to him.

He's had an absolute touch getting a 3 year deal there, good luck to him as first and foremost he's always come across as a decent down to earth bloke.
And playing under Mark Hughes, that should improve him. Bradford have made some good signings, I can see them challenging for a top 6 place.

Last edited:
And playing under Mark Hughes, that should improve him. Bradford have made some good signings, I can see them challenging for a top 6 place.
They have signed 14 new players.
It just goes to show that if the budget is there, it isn’t difficult to bring players in at our level.

They have signed 14 new players.
It just goes to show that if the budget is there, it isn’t difficult to bring players in at our level.

TBF we’ve brought in 7 which is a heck of a lot more than most clubs.

Our problem is the low base of just 7 players we started with.

That cartoon drawing of the stick figure poking something with “X club name” on it and “C’mon make a signing” has been dished out by fans of just about every L1 and L2 club. Swindon fans are particularly annoyed.

Harvey Lintott has signed for Northampton, one year deal with an option of a second.

TBF we’ve brought in 7 which is a heck of a lot more than most clubs.

Our problem is the low base of just 7 players we started with.

That cartoon drawing of the stick figure poking something with “X club name” on it and “C’mon make a signing” has been dished out by fans of just about every L1 and L2 club. Swindon fans are particularly annoyed.
Our problem For the past 3 or 4 seasons has been having to sign virtually a whole new squad every preseason, and seeing our better players leave on free transfers due to having short contracts.

I see that giant striker Kyle Hudlin from Solihull (?) that we were vaguely rumoured to be interested in. He signed for Huddersfield B squad yesterday, and gone on a season long loan to AFCW today.

I think this is an example of everything that’s wrong with the modern football pyramid.

I see that giant striker Kyle Hudlin from Solihull (?) that we were vaguely rumoured to be interested in. He signed for Huddersfield B squad yesterday, and gone on a season long loan to AFCW today.

I think this is an example of everything that’s wrong with the modern football pyramid.
The tallest outfield player in the UK.

Totally agree. Time for a maximum number of players limit to be set for all teams.I know I have said it before.How long is it before we get Chelsea y or z eleven?

Is this the League 2 signings thread where we are not allowed to mention our friends in Wiltshire?

Will change that….Scott Lindsey’s Swindon Town in this window have signed

Tyrese Shade (Leicester City, free)
Sol Brynn (Middlesbrough, loan)
Reece Devine (Manchester United, free)
Jacob Wakeling (Leicester City, free)
Tom Clayton (Liverpool, Undisclosed)
Ronan Darcy (Bolton Wanderers, Undisclosed)
Remeao Hutton (Barrow, Undisclosed)
Tomi Adeloye (Ayr United, free)
Saidou Khan (Chesterfield, Undisclosed)
Angus MacDonald (Rotherham United, free)

Reactions: PuB
Is this the League 2 signings thread where we are not allowed to mention our friends in Wiltshire?

Will change that….Scott Lindsey’s Swindon Town in this window have signed

Tyrese Shade (Leicester City, free)
Sol Brynn (Middlesbrough, loan)
Reece Devine (Manchester United, free)
Jacob Wakeling (Leicester City, free)
Tom Clayton (Liverpool, Undisclosed)
Ronan Darcy (Bolton Wanderers, Undisclosed)
Remeao Hutton (Barrow, Undisclosed)
Tomi Adeloye (Ayr United, free)
Saidou Khan (Chesterfield, Undisclosed)
Angus MacDonald (Rotherham United, free)

They’re certainly looking very strong and starting with the core of a team that finished in the playoffs (they’ve lost a couple of players too though).

But yes, you’re right. Never mention the Wiltshire lot.

They’re certainly looking very strong and starting with the core of a team that finished in the playoffs (they’ve lost a couple of players too though).

But yes, you’re right. Never mention the Wiltshire lot.
They lost their star player to the Spotters.
Sometimes one or two better players make the difference.

They lost their star player to the Spotters.
Sometimes one or two better players make the difference.

I think they’ve lost 3 players (and their manager) to Charlton. There’s been a fair bit of banter about it on Twitter from the clubs official accounts. Charlton did a superb (and very funny) “The Office” video announcing their latest signing from Swindon. Then it got taken down quickly.