League 2 News | Page 2 | Vital Football

League 2 News

The only way Evans can operate, throw loads of cash about and I'm sure he'll delight in telling the world how their the best players outside the premiership :pointy:

Atkinson was offered a decent deal at Southend apparently so dropped a division and relocated to Mansfield.

They are certainly paying. It'll probably go tits up but when they're in League One and Evans has swanned off knowing him.

Mate of mine hear in Swindon, is saying Teddy Sherringham is now the front runner in Swindon Town's search for a new manager.

MaineRoad_96 - 31/5/2017 09:03

Like a fat kid in a sweet shop. Oh yeah, he is a fat kid in a sweet shop.
Is he away at fat camp or something?
I only ask every time I've seen a pic of a new signing it's always with Mrs Radford not him.

Davidimp - 1/6/2017 21:13
I only ask every time I've seen a pic of a new signing it's always with Mrs Radford not him.

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/2016-17/versatile-left-footer-pens-stags-deal-3723580.aspx

berksimps - 2/6/2017 15:18

Davidimp - 1/6/2017 21:13

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/2016-17/versatile-left-footer-pens-stags-deal-3723580.aspx

Bit of a weird thing to write in the article: 'The 26-year-old is highly competent at either left-back or left midfield and is widely regarded as an unfulfilled talent.'

Is there a disadvantage to the $tag$ doing all their business so early, is this costing them a lot of extra dollar in wages?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40134723

based on his record to date... not an inspired choice imo.

A work colleague is friends with Will Atkinson, apparently Mansfield have trebled the offer he received from Southend ??

sicraggs1 - 3/6/2017 10:31

A work colleague is friends with Will Atkinson, apparently Mansfield have trebled the offer he received from Southend ??

Doesn't surprise me... dropping a division and moving from the South East to Mansfield.

He hasn't done it because of a huge respect for Steve Evans has he?

Conference news, not league 2... but Dagenham have signed Charles Adams and Morgan Ferrier and are rumoured to be signing Michael Cheek. All players that have been mentioned on here as potential signings!

They will have a lot of forwards if Cheek dies sign, makes me wonder if Hawkins or Whitely are available.

NottyImp - 3/6/2017 09:51

simes69 - 3/6/2017 09:49

I thought Daggers were skint?

Yeah, me too. They don't sound like cheap signings to me.

Likewise, I still find it hard to believe Charlee could not get a league club. He must be taking a major pay cut to go to D&R

Is there a link on Daggers for Adams? I can't see it anywhere, just that they've signed a few ex Boreham Wood players

Luton have signed Marek Stech, keeper from Sparta Prague. Sounds like a very good signing, has been good at a higher level before (Yeovil in L1/Championship).

Not heard loads of movement this week as Mansfield might finally have steadied up !!!

FGR apparently signing Scott Laird. Experienced left back, lot of FL games for likes of Preston and Stevenage (and still just 29).