League 1 transfer thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

League 1 transfer thread

If Ellis ends up at Swindon or similar it will be down to promised game time which I suspect is a promise we won't make.

Nice to see somebody has some spare dosh down the back of the settee! Coventry signing some geezer from Holland for £1.5 million.

Not technically league 1 now but looks like Mellon is off from Tranmere and heading back north of the border to take over at Dundee United.

Shame about the drop in standard of football he is going into....
I don’t know too much about the standard but would expect the lower half of spl to be around same level as lower league 1.

If he can take Dundee Utd to Europe he’ll feel it’s worth it.

I don’t know too much about the standard but would expect the lower half of spl to be around same level as lower league 1.

If he can take Dundee Utd to Europe he’ll feel it’s worth it.

I have seen a fair bit of Scottish footy and it is grim...I would say other than the big 2, the premier up there is probably lower league 1. As for the lower leagues....

I have seen a fair bit of Scottish footy and it is grim...I would say other than the big 2, the premier up there is probably lower league 1. As for the lower leagues....

Some of it is probably lower L1 standard I agree, it's a hard read. Doidge really struggled initially but has got a few now - he didn't cut it in Championship albeit Bolton were a mess, then very good at L2/NL level. Mark O'Hara playing a bit for the third best team - I think he would be mid L1 standard?

The wages are so low for some there that there's probably some handy players who would do a job at our level, but at the same time some regulars who wouldn't be great shakes?

Not much to report on for this thread yet......

Bristol Rovers have brought in Centre Back Jack Baldwin on a free from Sunderland. Bit injury prone but was decent at Peterborough and could be a decent signing for them

I see our signing that was muted at the end of last week hasn’t happened yet for whatever reason. MA did say there could be two more this week, so maybe in the end it will turn out to be three.

I wonder if Ellis will be a bit more willing to look at the contract on offer now one of his potential destinations (Huddersfield) has dried up...🤔

I wonder if Ellis will be a bit more willing to look at the contract on offer now one of his potential destinations (Huddersfield) has dried up...🤔
That's an interesting point, although I have serious doubts over the Huddersfield move anyway. Is he really good enough for a Championship club? In any case, he would disappear into their U23 squad, not the first team, and I can't see him being happy with that either.