League 1 summer transfer thread 2021 | Page 16 | Vital Football

League 1 summer transfer thread 2021

Blimey, didn’t see that one coming. They will be spending big bucks to try and do a FGR and get to the championship (but unlike the villagers, will probably succeed)

I remember Salford making some £££ signings that were a level above what they should have been, but this seems even bigger than that? I guess Adam Rooney was quite a big one at the time.

At least Wrexham are a proper club..?

Wonder if Bruno Andrade and any of his Salford friends fancy going to Wales to further their career too?

If I was out of work and a fairly big company offered me a job with bang average wages, and a much smaller company offered me double, I know what I'd choose.

No I'd say it's an up-and-coming firm that values its staff and has clear goals.

Then a few years down the line I'd bugger off to the next up-and-coming company that values its staff and has clear goals.
This analogy is often trotted out.
In this specific case, What if mullin backed himself to score goals at league 1 level? He would then have a chance to progress his career to the next level, and serious money in the championship.
If he scores goals in the national league, he is three leagues away from that serious money (whatever Wrexham are paying him)

Mullin is also coming up to 27. Given another season or two, his prospects of playing at a much higher level will probably have gone. Perhaps that is a part of his rationale: choose a level where he knows he can score goals, enjoy his football and make some good money instead of sporadic appearances in the Championship or mid-table in League One. These decisions are not always down to money.

Three year deal and that calibre of signings he could be in league one by the time he's coming up for renewal...