League 1 summer transfer thread 2021 | Vital Football

League 1 summer transfer thread 2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Couldn't find a thread for this so as a few moves are happening around League 1 in time for the new season thought I'd start one off.

A few free transfer moves have been announced :-

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson Oldham - Burton Free
Chris Long Motherwell - Crewe Free
Josh Sheehan Newport - Bolton Free
Lee Evans Wigan - Ipswich Free
Brad Halliday Doncaster - Fleetwood Free
George Johnston Feyenoord - Bolton Free
Jack Whatmough Portsmouth - Wigan Free
Wes Burns Fleetwood - Ipswich Undisclosed
James Daly Bristol Rovers - Stevenage Free
Olly Lee Hearts - Gillingham Free
Liam Vincent Bromley - Portsmouth Undisclosed
Ben Close Portsmouth - Doncaster Free

Current state of play with League One squads - there are many contract discussions ongoing, so expect the number of departures to rise over the next few weeks:

Out/In
Accrington: 6/1
AFC Wimbledon: 4/0
Bolton: 7/3
Burton: 12/1
Cambridge: 2/1
Charlton: 5/0
Cheltenham: 5/0
Crewe: 4/1
Doncaster: 6/1
Fleetwood: 8/1
Gillingham: 7/1
Ipswich: 8/2
Lincoln: 2/0
MK Dons: 5/0
Morecambe: 0/0
Oxford: 2/0
Plymouth: 12/1
Portsmouth: 8/1
Rotherham: 5/0
Sheffield Weds: 11/0
Shrewsbury: 12/1
Sunderland: 7/0
Wigan: 5/1
Wycombe: 7/0

Out: 150
In: 16

Heard a rumour that Appleton is about to sign a player contract with a Championship club. Back up goal-keeper, too good a chance to turn down. One last swan-song, just dependent on his knees being up to it and his tattoos being extensive enough. Otherwise a done deal. Skybet have good odds at the moment, but they are shortening all the time.

Heard a rumour that Appleton is about to sign a player contract with a Championship club. Back up goal-keeper, too good a chance to turn down. One last swan-song, just dependent on his knees being up to it and his tattoos being extensive enough. Otherwise a done deal. Skybet have good odds at the moment, but they are shortening all the time.
Very droll. I had to read it a couple of times but I got there in the end.

Couldn't find a thread for this so as a few moves are happening around League 1 in time for the new season thought I'd start one off.

A few free transfer moves have been announced :-

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson Oldham - Burton Free
Chris Long Motherwell - Crewe Free
Josh Sheehan Newport - Bolton Free
Lee Evans Wigan - Ipswich Free
Brad Halliday Doncaster - Fleetwood Free
George Johnston Feyenoord - Bolton Free
Jack Whatmough Portsmouth - Wigan Free
Wes Burns Fleetwood - Ipswich Undisclosed
James Daly Bristol Rovers - Stevenage Free
Olly Lee Hearts - Gillingham Free
Liam Vincent Bromley - Portsmouth Undisclosed
Ben Close Portsmouth - Doncaster Free
Surely the tractor boys have enough comedians already?

It's interesting that there seems to be significant clearing of deadwood at many clubs, and yet not much from us so far. That might be a case of a steadied squad with a some targeted additions in the coming days. Maybe positive signs, we shall see.

It's interesting that there seems to be significant clearing of deadwood at many clubs, and yet not much from us so far. That might be a case of a steadied squad with a some targeted additions in the coming days. Maybe positive signs, we shall see.
I expect a few contracted players to be moved on as we bring new faces in, but we did have the biggest squad turnover in the league last year and a successful season, so it's understandable we might be a bit more stable than others who had been clinging onto/lumbered with bloated and ageing squads.

Yeah, I saw that and wondered if it meant Harry would be following him. Nothing in Sheehan's career suggests he would know Harry, don't think their paths have crossed but maybe they know each other.
Sheehan looks like a good signing for them.

Yeah, I saw that and wondered if it meant Harry would be following him. Nothing in Sheehan's career suggests he would know Harry, don't think their paths have crossed but maybe they know each other.

Bolton and Charlton have both been doing the rounds so wouldn't be that shocking. Could also just be a friend of a friend or something