LCFC Retained List | Page 2 | Vital Football

LCFC Retained List

Nothing really unexpected in the retained list, however if I were Poole, I’d have kept my option open, rather than reject a contract offer at this stage. That tells me he’s already got options that surpass anything we can provide. Good luck to him, Sanders and Walsh who all showed a faultless attitude when called upon and fit.

Nothing really unexpected in the retained list, however if I were Poole, I’d have kept my option open, rather than reject a contract offer at this stage. That tells me he’s already got options that surpass anything we can provide. Good luck to him, Sanders and Walsh who all showed a faultless attitude when called upon and fit.
The wording suggests that - looks like Championship clubs have already reached out.

Whoever gave Adelakun a 3 Year contract surely should hang their head in shame. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but he seems to have been a very expensive mistake.

I would also presume he and maybe a few others will be told if possible to find new clubs or potentially be paid off.

22 in Squad plus Cann make 23. Not a lot of wiggle room but a lot of younger lads on smaller wages you would presume.
He had a very successful season in the Championship before. So more a case of the player not putting the effort in. You cannot blame the club

Again, no real surprises there, and there will be lots more changes to come before the window closes. I would expect at least three more departures, possibly four.

We have a high percentage of players who won't be making many appearances between them - Draper, Ahui, Cann, Makama, Worsfold-Gregg, Gallagher, Kamson-Kamara, plus one of the goalkeepers, - but they won't be costing a huge amount each. Their role is to play games on loan and move themselves into contention probably this time next year.

Kendall and Benn need to become matchday squad regulars to justify their presence.

Shame to lose Poole, but he has earned a shot at a higher level. Walsh was one of the best central defenders outside the Premier League on his day, but his day seldom came without another injury. Will always thank him for giving everything in the play-off final when he could hardly walk. Sanders was given several runs in the side but never really grasped his opportunity; after two-and-a-half years here, I cannot say he improved much; someone said that his penalty against Shrewsbury summed up his Imps career, and that seems appropriate.

Regan Poole: 125+6 = 131 appearances (4 goals)
Max Sanders: 38+34 = 72 appearances (2 goals)
Joe Walsh: 46+6 = 52 appearances (1 goal)

List very much as expected. As said, will no doubt be looking to move a few on or mutually end contracts. Really hope Roughan does sign. He still has a lot to learn and here is the best place for him to do it.

Most surprising aspect for me was cann getting awarded a contract, but the coaching staff must feel that he could play a part next season. Clearly playing in a decent gainsborough team has done him a lot of good.

Interesting one with Roughan. I genuinely feel it would be better for him to stay, not least as he could be first choice left centre back and play a lot of games. To me, he needs games to develop and not sure that would happen if he went up a league.

Thought Bailey Adamson and Julian donnery would get offered contracts, although appreciate could still happen later.

Can see Vernon and adelakun leaving. Think adelakun would be more by mutual agreement.

Does anyone know what happened to Billy Brooks? Seems to have been youth player for ages and near first team at times. Assuming he's left? In the past, it was possible to to find out the coming and goings with the youth team, but quite opaque now.

He had a very successful season in the Championship before. So more a case of the player not putting the effort in. You cannot blame the club

Of course you must blame the recruiment team. The buck has to stop somewhere. It was an awful expensive signing.

Cann may have been offered a contract because of the Montsma injury.

A few still under contract will most likely leave - Adulakun, Vernam, Bishop.

Benn and Kendall will need good pre seasons or they may well move on too.

With losing Poole and possibly Roughan, and releasing Walsh and Sanders, there is plenty of room for some serious incomings to improve the squad.

Cann may have been offered a contract because of the Montsma injury.

A few still under contract will most likely leave - Adulakun, Vernam, Bishop.

Benn and Kendall will need good pre seasons or they may well move on too.

With losing Poole and possibly Roughan, and releasing Walsh and Sanders, there is plenty of room for some serious incomings to improve the squad.

I can’t see Vernam or Bishop leaving I can see them being used in rotation

2.Sorenson
4.TJ
5. O'Connor
6. Jackson
7. Erhahon
8. Bishop
9.House
10. Mandroiu

12.Wright
13. Duffy
14. Draper
15. Makama
16. Ahui
17. Benn
18. Vernam

I think there is a lot of work to do this summer especially as Bishop appears light weight and can't last 60 minutes. I Think TJ is capable of playing in a three at the back but not at wing back. May be a change in formation coming so interesting who we get in midfield and forward positions.

Take away footnotes - TJ and Cann provide some handy numerical squad cover for injuries and early season cup games - really want Roughan to sign, left footed and I desperately want to see the Imps start to fulfil their commitment to the youth overhaul - if Teddy has his head on, and there is a tweak to formation he can be used sensibly to achieve a mutually successful season - already lots of options in the attacking midfield roles - first team CH, LWB, CM, Striker and possibly GK+ RWB to come

Loads of wriggle room in there, plenty of space for five or six first teamers to be recruited via permanents and a couple of top quality loans; decent squad cover/competition and two or three youngsters to have a genuine crack at taking strides towards becoming match day squad regulars and future first teamers.

I'm liking the core of first teamers already in place, the squad depth and the spaces that are open doors for starters to come in and really push us on next year.

Over to you recruitment team, work some magic.

Most surprising aspect for me was cann getting awarded a contract, but the coaching staff must feel that he could play a part next season. Clearly playing in a decent gainsborough team has done him a lot of good.

Interesting one with Roughan. I genuinely feel it would be better for him to stay, not least as he could be first choice left centre back and play a lot of games. To me, he needs games to develop and not sure that would happen if he went up a league.

Thought Bailey Adamson and Julian donnery would get offered contracts, although appreciate could still happen later.

Can see Vernon and adelakun leaving. Think adelakun would be more by mutual agreement.

Does anyone know what happened to Billy Brooks? Seems to have been youth player for ages and near first team at times. Assuming he's left? In the past, it was possible to to find out the coming and goings with the youth team, but quite opaque now.
Last I heard of Billy Brooks he went on youth loan to Lincoln Utd but no sign of him playing

Whoever gave Adelakun a 3 Year contract surely should hang their head in shame. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but he seems to have been a very expensive mistake.

I would also presume he and maybe a few others will be told if possible to find new clubs or potentially be paid off.

22 in Squad plus Cann make 23. Not a lot of wiggle room but a lot of younger lads on smaller wages you would presume.

Looking at the overall list, we have a big retained list. We definitely need movement onwards to create room for incoming at the right level. Interesting we are looking to retain Roughan (who is a CB not a FB or WB)

I'd say that sounds 100% on the nose

Of course you must blame the recruiment team. The buck has to stop somewhere. It was an awful expensive signing.

It sure does. Also the same recruitment team, and same huge great big buck stop to be used for their work on Brennan Johnson, Brooke Norton-Cuffy, Carl Rushworth, Tayo Edun, Regan Poole, Ben House, Ethan Erhahon, Lasse Sørensen, Anthony Scully, Dylan Duffy, Paudie O'Connor, Lewis Montsma, Etc

If recrutment was an exact science a Mr T Boehly from the Kensington area would have purchased that ‘bot (and put it on a 9 year contract) by now.

Last edited: