LCFC Retained List | Page 3 | Vital Football

LCFC Retained List

He had a very successful season in the Championship before. So more a case of the player not putting the effort in. You cannot blame the club

He never had ,,very successful season" in Championship. He was at Championship club but never made it there. Actually since he left Scunthorpe he never had any successful spells. Not surprisingly he was dogshite here as well. Poor player and it was poor decision to bring him and give him good, lengthy contract.

Thing is this that there was so many great moves by people responsible for transfers that I don't even trying to criticize anyone. Just saying what I think about this certain player

There will be more leaving (subject to interest). As things stand, at least five (plus replacement of any further significant outgoings) to recruit for I reckon. Sorry to see Poole go, but inevitable, and deserves a shot in the Chumpionship.

Suspect Roughans head is being turned by money, no doubt encouraged by his agent, but he should look at Poole and think again. I think Roughan is at a similar stage to what Poole was when he came to Lincoln, lots of potential but not doing it every game. Two and a half years later, and still young, he is well ready to step up a league. Going higher too early can ruin what could be a great career.

I’m sure Max will find a club, perhaps in L2. Do wonder if Joe might call it a day, don’t know how insurance might work if he’s not under contract but I could only see him be offered a highly incentivised contract if he did get one somewhere.
Adelakun I’m presuming knows he’s not part of our plans so if he can get a longer contract elsewhere would make sense for him. But (controversial opinion) I can’t say there was much difference between his performances for us and those of Garrick / Shodipo in the main.

I’m sure Max will find a club, perhaps in L2. Do wonder if Joe might call it a day, don’t know how insurance might work if he’s not under contract but I could only see him be offered a highly incentivised contract if he did get one somewhere.
Adelakun I’m presuming knows he’s not part of our plans so if he can get a longer contract elsewhere would make sense for him. But (controversial opinion) I can’t say there was much difference between his performances for us and those of Garrick / Shodipo in the main.

Shodipo was well clear of both.

It sure does. Also the same recruitment team, and same huge great big buck stop to be used for their work on Brennan Johnson, Brooke Norton-Cuffy, Carl Rushworth, Tayo Edun, Regan Poole, Ben House, Ethan Erhahon, Lasse Sørensen, Anthony Scully, Dylan Duffy, Paudie O'Connor, Lewis Montsma, Etc

If recrutment was an exact science a Mr T Boehly from the Kensington area would have purchased that ‘bot (and put it on a 9 year contract) by now.
Absolutely.
Responsibility works both ways.

Yep agreed, i don't think we'd stand in their way if any of them get offers to move.

I guess one of the challenges particularly with Adelakun would likely be that we'd have to contribute to any wages? I appreciate part of this is me playing too much Football Manager in my youth in terms of that process... but having stopped being involved for a lower L2 team it doesn't strike me that there will be a lot of suitors looking to pay him a L1 wage.

I guess one of the challenges particularly with Adelakun would likely be that we'd have to contribute to any wages? I appreciate part of this is me playing too much Football Manager in my youth in terms of that process... but having stopped being involved for a lower L2 team it doesn't strike me that there will be a lot of suitors looking to pay him a L1 wage.

I,m sure that will be the case. Indeed I suspect that in the case of most of our loans-out, we have to subsidise wages to some extent. Conversely I expect most of our loans-in are also subsidised.

All of our youngsters need to think long and hard about their actions and career paths before they get over influenced by their agents or even acquaintances, friends and family. There are plenty of players who have left LCFC in recent years whose careers have permanently stalled. Presumably there is an opportunity to meet or speak with MK on a one to one basis, and he will help guide them.

Young footballers can attract influential ’friends’ they never knew they had. It won’t just be the football that helps make the playing decisions for the likes of Roughan etc. It will also involve their mental discipline, the company they keep in and out of football, and whether they feel happy at Lincoln.

All of our youngsters need to think long and hard about their actions and career paths before they get over influenced by their agents or even acquaintances, friends and family. There are plenty of players who have left LCFC in recent years whose careers have permanently stalled. Presumably there is an opportunity to meet or speak with MK on a one to one basis, and he will help guide them.

Young footballers can attract influential ’friends’ they never knew they had. It won’t just be the football that helps make the playing decisions for the likes of Roughan etc. It will also involve their mental discipline, the company they keep in and out of football, and whether they feel happy at Lincoln.
Very true, young players can easily get blinded by £signs and overlook more important aspects to their long term careers progressing upwards. Unfortunately very often to person they listen to advice from, namely their agent, is probably not the best person to give impartial advice.

It sure does. Also the same recruitment team, and same huge great big buck stop to be used for their work on Brennan Johnson, Brooke Norton-Cuffy, Carl Rushworth, Tayo Edun, Regan Poole, Ben House, Ethan Erhahon, Lasse Sørensen, Anthony Scully, Dylan Duffy, Paudie O'Connor, Lewis Montsma, Etc

If recrutment was an exact science a Mr T Boehly from the Kensington area would have purchased that ‘bot (and put it on a 9 year contract) by now.

Excellent reply Liam but you shouldn't have put it in Olive, it's true!

You must remember some people can only focus on the negatives and criticise. Heaven forbid they give any credit or say anything remotely positive.

There are actually people who have negative views of the glorious years of success under the Cowleys I jest you not. I know of at least 2 people who say "well but the football wasn't very good during that run was it"

Truly astonishing but it goes to prove whatever fantastic things the club and the recruitment team do some people will always moan and criticise.