Latest Tory scandal N/G | Page 2 | Vital Football

Latest Tory scandal N/G

"Because he's Muslim" is the new "because he's black"

Only in as much as the old, "it's all the fault of the blacks", or, "it's all the fault of the Irish", or, "it's all the fault of the Jews", has become, "it's all the fault of the Muslims"...

What has his religion got to do anything?

As you comment yourself, he has had a direct mandate over this area. And since he has exercised that mandate then he takes credit for any successes or failures in that area.

Are we really going down that path that any commentary of someone who happens to be muslim is immediately seen as islamophobia?

I was simply joining in the irrelevant hashtag competition that you started.

I once worked with someone who had been in the catering/canteen workforce at the Houses of Parliament. One day, He went for a slash and then felt someone push him up against the wall and fondle him. He turned round and saw it was a Liberal Democrat MP. I won’t name him of course. Can’t remember the exact detail, but the response from the MP was something along the lines of them being untouchable.

My colleague didn’t have many favourable things to say about MPs, except one guy who was always friendly and took interest in trying to encourage my colleague into the “wooing”? of one of the other catering staff my colleague fancied. Colleague couldn’t remember his name, after some description, my suggestion was correct. Keith Vaz!! If he’s one of the good guys….

All allegedly.

My colleague didn’t have many favourable things to say about MPs, except one guy who was always friendly and took interest in trying to encourage my colleague into the “wooing”? of one of the other catering staff my colleague fancied. Colleague couldn’t remember his name, after some description, my suggestion was correct. Keith Vaz!! If he’s one of the good guys….

All allegedly.

Vaz was caught with rent boys , offering to pay them in cocaine.

I once worked with someone who had been in the catering/canteen workforce at the Houses of Parliament. One day, He went for a slash and then felt someone push him up against the wall and fondle him. He turned round and saw it was a Liberal Democrat MP. I won’t name him of course. Can’t remember the exact detail, but the response from the MP was something along the lines of them being untouchable.

All allegedly.
Your story appears to at very least a base truth .There have been rumours for sometime that our Parliament needs a serious over haul.Possible a full independent enquiry looking at every MP and interviewing all workers and recently departing workers etc.This might take many years .But it has to be done.MPs that are guilty of current misdemeanors will soon be exposed.Current problems have to be investigated and reported on first.This has to be done the sad truth is that whatever the full truths many lies have been told. Which will make it extremely difficult for those independent investigators. Lives have been damaged possibly in some cases for a life time.

Your story appears to at very least a base truth .There have been rumours for sometime that our Parliament needs a serious over haul.Possible a full independent enquiry looking at every MP and interviewing all workers and recently departing workers etc.This might take many years .But it has to be done.MPs that are guilty of current misdemeanors will soon be exposed.Current problems have to be investigated and reported on first.This has to be done the sad truth is that whatever the full truths many lies have been told. Which will make it extremely difficult for those independent investigators. Lives have been damaged possibly in some cases for a life time.

I’ve seen it suggested that MP’s should no longer be in charge of appointing their own employees (in many cases they’re just members of their own family) and the seat should employ its own staff coming under an employment umbrella of the house itself. That way proper procedures would be in place to report improper behaviour from within and the general rules of employment law properly upheld.

But I think the real question is about the quality, motivation and personalities of those who are sent to the house to represent us. Why, especially in this case and if proven true, do they feel like laws do not apply to them?

I think a lot (not all) of MPs go into it because they have a high level of self importance and want public recognition. They'll say they want to help people but they never seem to succeed anyway. What qualifies them as being having the skills to be a good MP? They've just decided they have it.

Anyone genuinely talented would surely stay in business and earn more money, get less hassle and probably do more interesting things.

They could start in Tower Hamlets, the mayor Rahman was guilty of election fraud and struck off as a solicitor.
He's now (since the recent local elections) back as mayor !

Last time I checked the Metropolitan Police were a London based force having to deal with ALL crime in in the city. The mayor, indeed, having direct mandate since 2011.

#anychancetoblameamuslim
And for those who think he holds no sway, don't forget it was he who eventually lead to Cressida Dick being ousted from the commissioners job despite a) her being probably the best Commissioner during my service* and b) actually being employed by the Home Sec', not the mayor's office.
He also wants to de-criminalise cannabis in London, like he can actually make that decision. Nothing to do with his politics but the jumped up little man has far too much to say for himself.

* Not just my opinion, forget all the BS you read in the red tops, a massive %age of Met officers agree, did more for the troops than most of her predecessors.

I think a lot (not all) of MPs go into it because they have a high level of self importance and want public recognition. They'll say they want to help people but they never seem to succeed anyway. What qualifies them as being having the skills to be a good MP? They've just decided they have it.

Anyone genuinely talented would surely stay in business and earn more money, get less hassle and probably do more interesting things.
And power, don't forget that. Boris was earning twice his PM salary as a columnist for The Telegraph alone.

And for those who think he holds no sway, don't forget it was he who eventually lead to Cressida Dick being ousted from the commissioners job despite a) her being probably the best Commissioner during my service* and b) actually being employed by the Home Sec', not the mayor's office.
He also wants to de-criminalise cannabis in London, like he can actually make that decision. Nothing to do with his politics but the jumped up little man has far too much to say for himself.

* Not just my opinion, forget all the BS you read in the red tops, a massive %age of Met officers agree, did more for the troops than most of her predecessors.

If only there were fewer jumped up little men in the world. Wouldn’t that be great.

The guy was from Brasi(z)il and I think one of his first jobs over here. I asked about him reporting it and he wasn‘t keen, shall we say; too long ago, would he be believed, too much hassle, etc. Not sure it ruined his life exactly, (seemed to be more matter of fact about it than victim if that makes sense?) but led him to be wary of British politicians! I’m sure he has reason to be wary of Brazilian ones too. :-).

I’d be willing to bet it’s a majority of perv’s, weirdo’s, power hungry and money making tossbergs in parliament rather than a minority. How big that majority is? Dunno.

And power, don't forget that. Boris was earning twice his PM salary as a columnist for The Telegraph alone.

It gets interesting when you look in to where that money was coming from, and who funded the ‘inside Russia’ columns though. Mr Johnson was not their highest paid columnist before that intervention.

Why, especially in this case and if proven true, do they feel like laws do not apply to them?
If those who work in number ten don't respect the law of the land and the Prime Minister does not understand the law of the land this is the root of the problem. If a Prime minister can't set a example then who in government can?
These people however many or few have to be weeded out of politics for ever .Parties themselves need to make sure they are 100% clean .The party that is brave enough to do that first although painful will win the support of the people. The party that hides away and says there is not a problem are fooling themselves. The Government have to act and do so quickly. Pushing it under the carpet will damage this country massively in years to come with fewer and fewer people voting. That could help extremist into power.

Last edited:
Power & patronage, Johnson has paid our money to newspapers for planted stories, allowed the award of mega comntracts to mates and those he seeks to cosy up to. He's monetised his position all right and seeks to influence and worse the police, judiciary, Bank of England and our national broadcaster. If it was a foreign country we'd be shouting from the rooftops.

The sexual stuff and the bullying would be much simpler to address. Instant suspension, no hiding place, swift process, or over to the police. What we get is threats and pressure on victims, endless delays and often a get out jail free card. Clearly not all MPs are rotten but most are cowed into silence by appeals to loyalty, both to party and the house and a desire to avoid scandal and scrutiny. It's the one area where cross party co-operation goes like clockwork.

I’ve seen it suggested that MP’s should no longer be in charge of appointing their own employees (in many cases they’re just members of their own family) and the seat should employ its own staff coming under an employment umbrella of the house itself. That way proper procedures would be in place to report improper behaviour from within and the general rules of employment law properly upheld.

But I think the real question is about the quality, motivation and personalities of those who are sent to the house to represent us. Why, especially in this case and if proven true, do they feel like laws do not apply to them?

I used to measure cracks (no rude jokes!) for subsidence and one of the clients was a Conservative MP in East Kent. Met him once (maybe twice) and was very polite. It was his wife that was always there when I went and she seemed to be his PA/secretary/sounding board for constituents as could overhear bits and pieces of her on the phone in the back office.

She was really friendly and always said make yourself at home! And then go off back to the office.

Behind the scenes it was like a normal family home (several classes down from where you’d think they might be!) Including page 3 girls posters on the teenage boys bedroom and discarded/lost bits of pizza under the sofa.

I didn’t see any S&M dungeons, Puerto Rican rent boys or jizz stains at anytime.

Im not so sure having a family member on the payroll is a bad thing per se, but would have to come with limits/checks/evidence….

Sometimes i don’t know what to believe.