Latest Payment To Lincoln City Football Club | Page 2 | Vital Football

Latest Payment To Lincoln City Football Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha it was the comment about what has others raised compared to vital and I pointed out everyone has raised those amounts.
Notice in capitals all sites raised in the last 3 years.
Only on here do you get people not get the point I was making , then it’s what have you personally put in & your comment.

I am pretty sure no one has said compared to Vital, you brought that up and made it personal. The fundraising done by everyone is commendable. However, the difference between the large sums you have handed over and that handed over by Jules is, you hand over in the main other people's money some of that from Vital to boot, every penny handed over by Vital is money that has been earned by Jules for running this site. In the main people tell you what a good job you have been doing, why do you belittle the efforts of Jules and others on this site who like you give their time for nothing, slagging the site off on other clubs fora and on social media when all the posters are doing is talking about football. If you do not agree with what is being said try replying on here rather than running off elsewhere and having a go. I really do not understand you at all,
you of all people should be delighted someone else gives enough of a damn to hand over the entire contents of an income stream of their own to the club.

I am pretty sure no one has said compared to Vital, you brought that up and made it personal. The fundraising done by everyone is commendable. However, the difference between the large sums you have handed over and that handed over by Jules is, you hand over in the main other people's money some of that from Vital to boot, every penny handed over by Vital is money that has been earned by Jules for running this site. In the main people tell you what a good job you have been doing, why do you belittle the efforts of Jules and others on this site who like you give their time for nothing, slagging the site off on other clubs fora and on social media when all the posters are doing is talking about football. If you do not agree with what is being said try replying on here rather than running off elsewhere and having a go. I really do not understand you at all,
you of all people should be delighted someone else gives enough of a damn to hand over the entire contents of an income stream of their own to the club.

Not belittling anyone’s efforts again you have missed my point.
I pointed out fundraising that was done by all.
You do realise the above you say to me every year.
Time to move on for me it always comes around to this always the same negativity and perceived wrongs.
Bye for now.

Happy to come in here and post links to eBay auctions, ask for donations. Yet seemingly slags the site off on the Fishy and Banter at every opportunity.

Do I really just slag it off for no reason ha ha like I am bored so I’ll slag it off.
Is that raising money for Lincoln or me?
Your another one who can’t let it go it’s the same people funny that.

Great amounts of money raised for the Imps from all social media - we'll done to everyone who has contributed, whether by direct payment or through posting and icks on Vitals. Ultimately we're all on the same side.

Helgy, I think that the problem with social media, indeed with email and written letters too, is that the meaning, the irony and sarcasm and humour, the subtle humorous hints that one thinks one is imparting are so often lost as the reader only has the words on the screen to go by... The cold light of the screen does little to convey the nuances beyond that first scan.

Come on you Imps!!

Not belittling anyone’s efforts again you have missed my point.
I pointed out fundraising that was done by all.
You do realise the above you say to me every year.
Time to move on for me it always comes around to this always the same negativity and perceived wrongs.
Bye for now.

I see no negativity at all. In fact, my post commended all those that raise money. Sadly each and everytime you say people have missed the point. Try making a point that can't be misunderstood then. You always say you are misunderstood or it was a joke when the odds stack against you. Who do you presume is at fault ifa large number don't get the joke or misunderstand. The only person who can't let go is you. Time to move on.

Back to the main effort, I’ll break my radio silence to congratulate Jules not only for his work involved with running this site but also through monies raised which, as highlighted above could be a nice income stream for himself, instead it is going to LCFC. It has also afforded me the opportunity through Lincoln Vitals sponsorship to experience a game from a box behind the goal and meet fellow posters, it was an extremely enjoyable day. Alas, don’t post so much now, but that’s another story but will continue to maintain a listening watch.

Well done and thanks Jules:clap:

I see no negativity at all. In fact, my post commended all those that raise money. Sadly each and everytime you say people have missed the point. Try making a point that can't be misunderstood then. You always say you are misunderstood or it was a joke when the odds stack against you. Who do you presume is at fault ifa large number don't get the joke or misunderstand. The only person who can't let go is you. Time to move on.

You just keep repeating the same replies you say that one too about me.
So tatty bye ?

I don't know you personally Helgy and I think we've only spoken a handful of times of PM, but I don't think it's necessarily the posts you make, more when you make them and how they come across. They do tend to come across, rightly or wrongly, as d!ck waving and belittling others efforts.

You could have quite simply posted 'well done', but you had to take the opportunity to post about what you do as though it's a competition. You've posted 7 times in this thread and haven't done so.

You've always been roundly congratulated on here without Jules going down the 'well I've donated 'x' amount in the same period'. It comes across, rightly or wrongly, as a d!ck waving contest and in a demeaning manner.

And you rightly use Vitals as another mean of getting interest in any fundraising, despite making sarcastic comments about the site elsewhere. As I say, you're always congratulated on here, Helgy, so it's a little surprising you seemingly have a low opinion of the site but are happy to use it to, correctly, promote your efforts.

None of this fundraising stuff is a competition. Lots of people fundraise for the Club in different ways, whether it's Vitals, FPS, Share Scheme, Easy Fundraising etc and all should be congratulated on how they raise money and how much they do raise. It all goes into the same pot for the same cause.

From a personal point of view, I hope you continue to post updates on what you do and offer congratulations to others when necessary.

I look forward to reading more derogatory remarks about Vitals elsewhere over the coming season. ;) (sarcasm alert).

EDIT - Although you have answered a question put to you, to be fair.

Going off at a tangent slightly, I'm not entirely sure why LCB views Vitals in such a poor light in all honesty.

Going off at a tangent slightly, I'm not entirely sure why LCB views Vitals in such a poor light in all honesty.

Personally I find it amazing that any LCFC fans look on any other group poorly at the end of the day don't we all want the same thing. I don't go LCB because it's not my cup of tea as I don't like all the falling out and stuff but each to their own.

At the end of the day we all support Lincoln City and all the monies raised for the club by everyone is great! Well done Jules, Well done Helgy and well done everyone for raising money for the club.

Now let's all get on with the main business of supporting LCFC in this our Championship winning season :grinning:

Without wishing to start a debate on the rights and wrongs of each site, I read both regularly, but contribute to LCB much more frequently than this site, in my view there is an under current of arrogance associated with this site whereby a few vocal members see themselves as morally and intellectually superior. I do not see the same disdain on LCB to this site, however, if you look at the Fishy now and again there is certainly an intense dislike for this forum, however, their views do not count anyway, so fuck them.

Without wishing to start a debate on the rights and wrongs of each site, I read both regularly, but contribute to LCB much more frequently than this site, in my view there is an under current of arrogance associated with this site whereby a few vocal members see themselves as morally and intellectually superior. I do not see the same disdain on LCB to this site, however, if you look at the Fishy now and again there is certainly an intense dislike for this forum, however, their views do not count anyway, so fuck them.

We can't help being clever. *

*Joke.

Well unless they join the facebook site, they can't see any posts. Anyone can read the posts on here. Might explain that...

R.e. The Fishy, it's probably because this site has been around for much longer and is an open forum unlike than LCB, which is a closed group.

Both sites have decent posters. LCB's probably a lot more WUM than Vitals and generally caters for the Facebook generation who like a bit of #bantz and wumming over debating.

Without wishing to start a debate on the rights and wrongs of each site, I read both regularly, but contribute to LCB much more frequently than this site, in my view there is an under current of arrogance associated with this site whereby a few vocal members see themselves as morally and intellectually superior.

Arrogant! How dare they! It's really hard being morally and intellectually superior to everyone in the world ever! :lol:

That was a joke by the way :grinning:

That's a shame that some feel like that it really is because we all support the same club and I would never consider myself above (or below) anyone else and I am sure the vast majority on here feel the same way.

Maybe we could organise a social or something between Vitals and LCB to show that we are all at the end of the day supporters of LCFC :wahey:

Criticised by whom and for what?
I was referring to a Twitter thread rather than LCB specifically. The comment that if you express an opinion on Vitals behind a veil of anonymity basically amounts to trolling I found particularly irksome. Still I didn't intend to lob a hand grenade in to this thread so apologies to all for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.