Last Chance To Renew Your Season Ticket | Page 2 | Vital Football

Last Chance To Renew Your Season Ticket

Rexn - 21/5/2013 20:30

I've got a bit of a dilemma here.

I promised my son a few years that if he went to Newcastle Uni, I would buy him a season ticket at SJP.

He looks like getting the grades.

The relegation season was farcical but this one was worse in my book. I don't want to support the regime but I want to break a promise to my son even less.

Why don't you give him the money, so that the option to buy is left with him, but still let him know how you feel about it all.

You're still recognising his achievements in doing so, but sticking to principles that are important to you just now.

Actually, the money to buy it himself sounds like the right idea. It seems a bit cruel though, telling him he has to get a seat on his own, without me or his sister.

No need Toon none of my points are aimed at anyone indvidual.more the way people act as a group with a particular interest.
I fully respect the actions of those that continue to attend,not that i agree with them.
But then to start bleating on about the way the club is run by Ashley is laughable in my opinion.they were warned 4 year ago that this would be where we all end up eventually.

Rexn - 21/5/2013 21:01

Actually, the money to buy it himself sounds like the right idea. It seems a bit cruel though, telling him he has to get a seat on his own, without me or his sister.

If he's big enough to go to Uni then he's big enough to sit in a stadium without holding his sister's hand.

I got rewarded with a pint and a handshake when I said I was going to Uni. If he wants to fund Ashley then tell him to do it himself out of his student loan.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 21/5/2013 17:52

Over the years, the only way the club has sacked managers is by abuse at the game.

It's happened to Charlton, Gullitt, Souness, Hippo Heed. As yet, Pardew has had a 30 second burst of grief at the Reading home game but this season has cancelled out last year's, so straight away in August he'll be under pressure.

The crowd will get him the sack not empty seats. That can be spun as something else by the regime.

Very admirable,
problem is, shouting abuse at Pardew is a complete cop out.

A bit like blaming colonel sanders if you are sold a dodgy KFC

Eh? Surely the copout would be sat behind a pc typing abuse at fellow Toon fans for wanting to watch a football match? Rather than mobilising yourself.

A lot of those sitting behind their pc's constantly offer a reasonable solution/compromise to SJP addicts.

Here it is again for those that have missed it.

STAY AWAY FROM SKY GAMES.

No mobilising required.

Constant whinging and playing the victim on football forums,whislt turning up in droves on matchday and doing absolutely NOTHING, is not very clever,and certainly not helping.

The rest of us can do very little,if anything at all, as long as 50,000 "fellow Toon fans" continue with their own selfish agenda.

"The rest of us can do very little,if anything at all, as long as 50,000 "fellow Toon fans" continue with their own selfish agenda. "

Spot on. As long as the ground is full ashley won't care and will assume all is well.
A third the stadium empty would be a good way to get the message across and really hope it can happen.

Got 3 months to organise something

nufc_carl88 - 22/5/2013 16:44

"The rest of us can do very little,if anything at all, as long as 50,000 "fellow Toon fans" continue with their own selfish agenda. "

Spot on. As long as the ground is full ashley won't care and will assume all is well.
A third the stadium empty would be a good way to get the message across and really hope it can happen.

Thanks Carl. The clue is in your last sentence. I am meeting pie and OM in the pub because they are going to organise something. I reckon.

Piemag of course there's a need to mobilise. Otherwise it won't happen.

I'd like to give it a try though otherwise ill will just be angry and losing even more interest next season. I think plenty of people would be interested. Whether they will stay away for a game is another matter

No mobilising needed in the physical sense manx.

The internet can be an effective tool in getting the message across.

It's much more practical than trying to mobilise thousands of people,never a good idea,especially when it involves football fans.

The media would have a field day with misspelt banners,drunken protesters etc.

Unfortunately,the idea to boycott sky games has been greeted with a lot of defensivness,it's almost like absentees are expected to pave the way for attendees, before they can become proactive.

It's a sad reflection on us that this idea has not gathered pace on this forum, and on the ground.

ManxMag - 22/5/2013 16:52

nufc_carl88 - 22/5/2013 16:44

Thanks Carl. The clue is in your last sentence. I am meeting pie and OM in the pub because they are going to organise something. I reckon.

Piemag of course there's a need to mobilise. Otherwise it won't happen.

Only if you get the round in :35:

As one of those who partially boycotts, i.e. only attend Saturday 3pm kick offs, it always seems that those games sell out anyway. OK, I know I broke the principle for my son's 16th birthday which was the 5-1 against Sunderland but it seems that however many there are who want to make a point, there are plenty to ensure that the message doesn't get heard.

We've already started carl,
although manx refers to it as abuse.

Another idea would be simple leaflets with a well written and informative message outlining the reasons why we think it would work.

They could be delivered through doors,or handed out in bars.

That way we reach a much greater audience.

Steekie's post is probably on the button though.
No one will do anything.

I haven't looked at any other forums for a while, but I remember being so dispirited at how many thought Ashley and Pardew were fantastic.

There are simply too many people supporting NUFC who can't see it or can't be arsed.

Count me in piemag!

And yeah few lads at work I mention it too want to give him another season. Even my dad does!

nufc_carl88 - 22/5/2013 17:27

What would be the best first step to take?

Go and take the sheet off your bed (if there is one) get some paint and a 2" brush. Write "Fuck" on it then consult the internet on what else to write.
When you're sure about what you want people to fuck. Spell it properly.
Put on your new 2013-14 shirt on. Got to SJP, take your shoes off and have a good old protest.