Large Screen | Vital Football

Large Screen

Weren't they on about this 5/6 years ago? About time they implemented it. Brings the stadium a bit closer to the present day. Though I feel it should be placed in either corner of the west stand as it's a pain seeing the score board if you are sitting in the east stand.

Hopefully positioned in a way the East Stand can see it considering it’s the most populated home area of the ground. Good news though, will improve the match experience and increase sponsorship/ad revenue. Hopefully we make a top notch pre match video like most clubs have, we’ve got so many great moments we can use.

That woul be brilliant I have always believed it was a mistake to leave them open. It will make for a far better experience thanks for your reply.

Perhaps we could create our own comedy compilation with highlights of this seasons away debacles.

Directed by Paul Cook

Starring Chey Dunkley, Josh Windarse, Christian Walton, Jamie Jones, Kal Naismith
Why do people always have to try to be negative when there is a positive thing happening?
Oh yes that's it they prefer to moan, complain and poke fun rather than give praise

The screen is a good thing.
It'll be good seeing the team announced with player photos shown and hopefully things like pre match tunnel interviews and tunnel cam to aid the pre match build up.

I think it moves us onto another level of matchday experience, and they should launch a new 'Latics TV' channel in and around the stadium. A good, professional step.

Would like to see the TV's on the concourse upgraded to match this. At present they are two small and poor quality. Will we have sound in concourse and on the ground otherwise interviews will not work.

Would like to see the TV's on the concourse upgraded to match this. At present they are two small and poor quality. Will we have sound in concourse and on the ground otherwise interviews will not work.

If we do have sound on the concouse, I hope it isn't as loud as the effing PA system.

If they did fill the corners in, I hope they do something inventive with them rather than just having them look the same every side like many boring “new design grounds” such as Cardiff, Hull, Reading etc.

Maybe it’s worth building an “upper section” in each corner with new tiered hospitality boxes installed or something? It could look a bit like what they have in three of the corners at Craven Cottage. Obviously there’s no point installing more seats for general admission, but more corporate sections must be good for business, especially if the rumour that the DW lost out on hosting Rugby World Cup games due to lack of hospitality boxes is correct.

The screen is a good thing.
It'll be good seeing the team announced with player photos shown and hopefully things like pre match tunnel interviews and tunnel cam to aid the pre match build up.

I think it moves us onto another level of matchday experience, and they should launch a new 'Latics TV' channel in and around the stadium. A good, professional step.
Fully agree, especially if the club are getting all the camera/filming equipment to go with it. The club media/comms staff should go and take in a game at Man City, the big screens at the Ethiad pre match are a great example of how it’s done. Interviews pre match and at HT, historical clips, videos of the players posing when being introduced by the PA and of course the big pre match video just before the players come out which is the big staple at all grounds with these big screens. Stuff like this really does improve the match experience.

If they did fill the corners in, I hope they do something inventive with them rather than just having them look the same every side like many boring “new design grounds” such as Cardiff, Hull, Reading etc.

Maybe it’s worth building an “upper section” in each corner with new tiered hospitality boxes installed or something? It could look a bit like what they have in three of the corners at Craven Cottage. Obviously there’s no point installing more seats for general admission, but more corporate sections must be good for business, especially if the rumour that the DW lost out on hosting Rugby World Cup games due to lack of hospitality boxes is correct.

The stadium would have to be rebuilt to do any of that, the concrete side walls either side of the north, and south stands support the stadium roof trusses, if those walls were to be removed giving a full panorama from the corners, the roof trusses including the 120m long main stand ones would have to be rebuilt.