Large Screen | Page 2 | Vital Football

Large Screen

The PA System seems to have improved in the East stand in the last few games, not perfect but at least you can decipher it
It just needs switching off. Much better potential atmosphere when opposing fans sang at each other building up an atmosphere before the game. Or switch all the racket off 15 minutes before kick off.
Funny how a big crowd of 5000 at Springy against Nob End could give a better atmosphere than we will have on Monday.

It just needs switching off. Much better potential atmosphere when opposing fans sang at each other building up an atmosphere before the game. Or switch all the racket off 15 minutes before kick off.
Funny how a big crowd of 5000 at Springy against Nob End could give a better atmosphere than we will have on Monday.
I have not been to any ground where the PA was switched off 15mins before kick off. I can't see a reason for that as our noisy East standers generally only get in just before kick off.

It’s that Bloody racket at Half time that gets on my nerves.... don’t they know people are trying to sleep in that West Stand ....I barely shut me eyes these days

If they did fill the corners in, I hope they do something inventive with them rather than just having them look the same every side like many boring “new design grounds” such as Cardiff, Hull, Reading etc.

Maybe it’s worth building an “upper section” in each corner with new tiered hospitality boxes installed or something? It could look a bit like what they have in three of the corners at Craven Cottage. Obviously there’s no point installing more seats for general admission, but more corporate sections must be good for business, especially if the rumour that the DW lost out on hosting Rugby World Cup games due to lack of hospitality boxes is correct.

The corners will never be filled in. The stadium was designed with open corners so as to aireate (sp) it as it's in a valley right by the duggy. Imagine the moss build up on the stadium/pitch.
Actually, the east stand and the support trusses looks proper run down, moss stained as you cross the cut and the duggy, it really could do with a lick of paint or jet washing.

The corners will never be filled in. The stadium was designed with open corners so as to aireate (sp) it as it's in a valley right by the duggy. Imagine the moss build up on the stadium/pitch.
Actually, the east stand and the support trusses looks proper run down, moss stained as you cross the cut and the duggy, it really could do with a lick of paint or jet washing.
Almost a "ragged" stadium ;)
The stadium is almost 20 years old and looks it. Little or no maintenance or renovation for years - sad really

So what maintenance or renovation is needed.
New seats, a clean up for the whole exterior. Refurb the interior suites, fix the car park.
Having visited Ashton Gate a couple of weeks ago and for a much older it was pristine.
Like your own house - spend a little and often and avoid larger bills down the line

New seats, a clean up for the whole exterior. Refurb the interior suites, fix the car park.
Having visited Ashton Gate a couple of weeks ago and for a much older it was pristine.
Like your own house - spend a little and often and avoid larger bills down the line

Ashton gate is undergoing development, isn't spending money on the team is a greater priority.

I agree with Hampton on this, both need to be done.
The exterior is a disgrace, ecpecialy the rear of the East Stand. The concources need sprucing up and all the egg pictures should be removed.
The red seats need removing totally, to be replaced with more blue and white ones.
The 'Wigan' in the East Stand seats should also be removed to spell out 'Latics'
It is a football ground owned by the football club, the eggs should have no representation at all in the Stadium apart from on their egg clodding days, when they can wheel out any old shite they want to.

Yeah it probably needs a spruce up, in fact it needs a good overhaul, but the focus has surely gotta be on using limited funds on strengthing the squad.

I agree with Hampton on this, both need to be done.
The exterior is a disgrace, ecpecialy the rear of the East Stand. The concources need sprucing up and all the egg pictures should be removed.
The red seats need removing totally, to be replaced with more blue and white ones.
The 'Wigan' in the East Stand seats should also be removed to spell out 'Latics'
It is a football ground owned by the football club, the eggs should have no representation at all in the Stadium apart from on their egg clodding days, when they can wheel out any old shite they want to.
You’re right but it will never happen as long as the Warriors have a home here. The likes of Jonathan Jackson are too pally with Pollard and co. Them leaving would be the best thing to ever happen to the DW, we’d be free to do whatever we want with it from the interior and exterior to make it feel like home and give it some proper Latics soul rather than the soulless bowl it is now. Anyone who travels away knows how poor our ground in terms of character compared to any other ground. You genuinely wouldn’t know it were a football ground if not for those awful faded placards at the top of each stand showing the Latics crest.

People will use the “any money we have needs to go on the squad” excuse. Well that excuse is the exact reason we’re so far behind in terms of our academy and it took Roberto Martinez begging to make Dave Whelan see sense but by then it was too late and we had been relegated. The future is more important than the present and while IEC shouldn’t really have to make a decision as they should have money to do both. I’d be more than happy to take 500k that Cook would waste on another Leo Da Silva Lopes and use it to sort ourselves out off the pitch.

Best case scenario is Bolton go pop, Pollard buys the Reebok at a pittance and ends the rental deal. Take your 10% gate money and shove it up your arse!

Last edited: