Lampard honours his contract with the BEEB | Vital Football

Lampard honours his contract with the BEEB

Many will say "he is now DCFC Manager and shouldn't be jollying off with the beeb".

My take is that he is honouring contract he signed. Refreshing.

Last edited:
Many will say "he is now DCFC Manager and shouldn't be jollyong off with the beeb".

Agreed again MA...plus, most domestic players are on holiday in June, any already exiting deals can be completed by others and there may be players at the WC, obviously not the top ones, who FL might be able to persuade to join us.

Many will say "he is now DCFC Manager and shouldn't be jollyong off with the beeb".

MA " he is now DCFC Manager and shouldn't be jollyong off with the beeb

.... and neither should he be jollying either Mista ;)
Most of the managers in the EFL will either be at or watching the World Cup. So I don't see why doing a few interviews and the live punditry will harm anything for Derby County after all those not involved in the World Cup will be on a beach in the South of France.

Agreed again MA...plus, most domestic players are on holiday in June, any already exiting deals can be completed by others and there may be players at the WC, obviously not the top ones, who FL might be able to persuade to join us.

It can be dodgy signing players who have just played in a world cup, especially for a second tier club. They are naturally tired and ill-prepared for a hard preseason and many are allowed to report back late. The same can be said for Frank Lampard who won't have his mind on the job in hand whilst mixing with the World's football elite in Moscow.There is a saying that the early bird catches the worm, which is why Karanka wants to assemble his squad before going on holiday and then straight back for the preseason. Frank Lampard will then only begin to assess his team, wheel and deal and try to get his side firing on all cylinders. I think that will be beyond him and it won't be long that you'll looking for a replacement.

It can be dodgy signing players who have just played in a world cup, especially for a second tier club. They are naturally tired and ill-prepared for a hard preseason and many are allowed to report back late. The same can be said for Frank Lampard who won't have his mind on the job in hand whilst mixing with the World's football elite in Moscow.There is a saying that the early bird catches the worm, which is why Karanka wants to assemble his squad before going on holiday and then straight back for the preseason. Frank Lampard will then only begin to assess his team, wheel and deal and try to get his side firing on all cylinders. I think that will be beyond him and it won't be long that you'll looking for a replacement.

No Basie what you meant to say is " you hope it's beyond him " He is taking over a team that made the playoffs not a team that finished 17th If you take the time to check your teams record you have gone backward under Kranky and I would love to have get with you that Kranky will be the first of them to get the sack

Your forgetting Jody Morris, he will be getting the lads back in shape and looking at the youngsters when they report back for pre-season training which must be around the time of the World Cup final in july.

Your forgetting Jody Morris, he will be getting the lads back in shape and looking at the youngsters when they report back for pre-season training which must be around the time of the World Cup final in july.

And will this Jody Morris be buying and selling or will you have to wait until Frank Lampard returns? Hardly a flying start to the season.

No Basie what you meant to say is " you hope it's beyond him " He is taking over a team that made the playoffs not a team that finished 17th If you take the time to check your teams record you have gone backward under Kranky and I would love to have get with you that Kranky will be the first of them to get the sack

He is taking over a side who has failed in the playoffs, blown all it's corn and will have to rebuild and cannot start to do it because he will be in Moscow for the World Cup. A bridge definitely too far.

He is taking over a side who has failed in the playoffs, blown all it's corn and will have to rebuild and cannot start to do it because he will be in Moscow for the World Cup. A bridge definitely too far.

Basie i will type as slowly as I can so there might be a chance you can comprehend what I'm saying You don't fail if you reach the playoffs We have not spent all our money and we definitely do not need to rebuild If and it's a massive if you know anything about football it doesn't matter where in the world you are technology allows instant access to see and speak to anyone I can understand you wanting to play with the big boys in the school yard but you are obsessed with it

A man honouring his contract, makes a refreshing change from Mr Rowett. After a hopefully successful 12 months, maybe he'll honour his contract with us and not step sideways.

And will this Jody Morris be buying and selling or will you have to wait until Frank Lampard returns? Hardly a flying start to the season.
Obviously not, but you are missing the point I a trying to make. Firstly Morris will be looking and assessing the players, not buying and selling. That will come later on in July and early August when Frank has also had a chance to look the squad over.

There will be talks with players even when Lamps is in Russia. They will be constantly in touch via phone, whats app, skype, facetime etc etc. Any possible incoming players will have a video chat with Lamps. More than likely, Mel will sign the contracts. Lamps will be back around the time the players report for pre season training. Season starts August 4th. Transfer window closes, IIRC, on the 2nd.

Is it really unthinkable that Frank has already given the club a list of those players he wants and in which order of preference they should be contacted? That he has already said which players are surplus to requirements and that agents, players and other clubs have been made aware of such.......

I will agree that Lamps being in Russia isn't 100% ideal but it is a far from insurmountable hurdle.

There will be talks with players even when Lamps is in Russia. They will be constantly in touch via phone, whats app, skype, facetime etc etc. Any possible incoming players will have a video chat with Lamps. More than likely, Mel will sign the contracts. Lamps will be back around the time the players report for pre season training. Season starts August 4th. Transfer window closes, IIRC, on the 2nd.

Is it really unthinkable that Frank has already given the club a list of those players he wants and in which order of preference they should be contacted? That he has already said which players are surplus to requirements and that agents, players and other clubs have been made aware of such.......

I will agree that Lamps being in Russia isn't 100% ideal but it is a far from insurmountable hurdle.

To be honest, I don't think there will be many comings, not sure about the goings, maybe that will tie in with any players we need to replace.

Can't see Terry joining, unless Davies jump ship to be with Scab Rowett. If he does go maybe Terry is a decent stop gap, maybe on a play as you go contract and maybe with a view to joining the training staff at some point.

Think we really need to keep Vydra unless an offer we can't refuse is put in. Would be looking at £12m+ for a golden boot winner. I would think a side such as Wolves may be in for him. Chris Martin, Blackman, and Mason Bennett need to be removed from the club and a good partner for Jerome would need to be found.

If Grealish at Villa is worth ££ 40 million*............ £ 12 million seems a tad light

* or at least that is what they are asking

There is a rumour around, nothing more, that Rowett is looking to take Johnson, Vydra and Davies to ‘Pottytown’. The same source suggests he also wanted Carson but he wants to stay at PP.
May or may not be true but I hope we’d be asking a minimum of £17m for the three of them.

Latest Rams News