Kitson comment is very positive. | Vital Football

Kitson comment is very positive.

Blades67

Vital Newbie
Last night on sky kitson said that the board will spend big in January. Kitson is a very close family friend of the McCabes so it looks like the big push is on.

Jarod Bowen,a Arsenal young striker on loan and somebody with a long name we have been linked with previously,is what I was told yesterday

I don’t know who it would be and I don’t know the players you mentioned (are they any good?). What I do know is that Kitson came to us because of his close relationship with them and when he made that remark I think he was in the know (McCabe was at the game). I’m not sure about those you mentioned fitting into the category of spending big.

Hmmmm. I wonder if the conversation went something like this?

Kitson. ‘Now then Kev, if Chris and the lads are still in the mix come January, will there be reasonable funds released to help him strengthen?’

King Kev. ‘What do you think?’
:whist:

Last edited:
Last night on sky kitson said that the board will spend big in January. Kitson is a very close family friend of the McCabes so it looks like the big push is on.

All relative really

What does big mean?

Big relative to the Championship big spenders, or relative to Sheffield Utd?

Isn't Bowen at Dull for the season? I suppose Arsenal may have a recall option in Jan but tbh why would they do that - he's playing every week at the moment and getting the experience the loan is intended to give him. Would he get that at Utd? Probably not tbh.

Gallagher is an interesting one. I'm surprised he hasn't gone anywhere this season and he would give Utd a different dimension. Nobody seems to have noticed but with the exception of Assombalonga, the other strikers rumoured/suggested (Long, Hogan, Defoe, Bowen etc) are all players that in all honesty would compete for or take Sharp's place.

Isn't Bowen at Dull for the season? I suppose Arsenal may have a recall option in Jan but tbh why would they do that - he's playing every week at the moment and getting the experience the loan is intended to give him. Would he get that at Utd? Probably not tbh.

Gallagher is an interesting one. I'm surprised he hasn't gone anywhere this season and he would give Utd a different dimension. Nobody seems to have noticed but with the exception of Assombalonga, the other strikers rumoured/suggested (Long, Hogan, Defoe, Bowen etc) are all players that in all honesty would compete for or take Sharp's place.
bowens a hull city player isnt he ?

bowens a hull city player isnt he ?

I thought so too - I think I misread the OP and wrongly interpreted it as saying Bowen is an Arsenal youngster :-)

However, if that's the case, I can't see Dull letting him go cheaply if at all - he may be the difference between them staying up and going down. That is unless there is pressure on Adkins to sell

I thought so too - I think I misread the OP and wrongly interpreted it as saying Bowen is an Arsenal youngster :-)

However, if that's the case, I can't see Dull letting him go cheaply if at all - he may be the difference between them staying up and going down. That is unless there is pressure on Adkins to sell
it may be either assombalonga or bowen plus an arsenal youngster on loan bowen might be the more likely one as cant see boro loaning longa to a top 6 rival and got a feeling we will go for kieron dowell from everton on loan cant see us getting freeman or jota to be honest