King Warbz | Vital Football

King Warbz

ZedRed

Vital Football Legend
I'm starting to get the impression that Warbz may be better suited to being a Director of Football.

I appreciate the way that he's trying to build the club, but I'm concerned that he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

Some people say that he will manage to coach the players in to playing from the back, but if you're going to be comfortable in the ball under pressure, that's not something you're going to learn in your twenties. You might be able to improve slightly in that regard but not significantly.

All well and good, if a short option is on that can spark a quick counter attack, then play it.

We have a big man up front now in Murphy so don't see why we don't play it long and if he doesn't win it, try to compete for the second ball. Not doing that and running the risk of conceding possession in a dangerous area is almost as frustrating as managers who persisted on holding it to the likes of Earnshaw or Assombalonga.

Also, the transfer activity was definitely mixed.

I don't care if Darikwa's a Nottingham boy. I don't care if he was conceived in A Block toilets, he's not as good as Lichaj.

We failed to get a keeper. Smith as an inexperienced keeper shouldn't be forced on to trying something he's not good at.

None of the centrebacks bar Mancienne to a certain degree is good with the ball at their feet.

Bremerton should be coming on as an impact sub. Playing him out of position is just going to finish him.

Dowell looks Ok but inconsistent like the young players we already have, so would rather play our own, so waste of a loan.

McKay is decent. Carayol needs to play on the other wing and we should try two up front with the Cumdog getting more opportunities.

Bouchalakis doesn't really look anything more than a squad player.

Basically, I would give Warbz a month to either coach the players in to doing things they're probably not capable of or start learning from his mistakes, because at this rate, I would say were in very serious danger of relegation.

ZedRed - 24/9/2017 11:19

I'm starting to get the impression that Warbz may be better suited to being a Director of Football.

I appreciate the way that he's trying to build the club, but I'm concerned that he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

Some people say that he will manage to coach the players in to playing from the back, but if you're going to be comfortable in the ball under pressure, that's not something you're going to learn in your twenties. You might be able to improve slightly in that regard but not significantly.

All well and good, if a short option is on that can spark a quick counter attack, then play it.

We have a big man up front now in Murphy so don't see why we don't play it long and if he doesn't win it, try to compete for the second ball. Not doing that and running the risk of conceding possession in a dangerous area is almost as frustrating as managers who persisted on holding it to the likes of Earnshaw or Assombalonga.

Also, the transfer activity was definitely mixed.

I don't care if Darikwa's a Nottingham boy. I don't care if he was conceived in A Block toilets, he's not as good as Lichaj.

We failed to get a keeper. Smith as an inexperienced keeper shouldn't be forced on to trying something he's not good at.

None of the centrebacks bar Mancienne to a certain degree is good with the ball at their feet.

Bremerton should be coming on as an impact sub. Playing him out of position is just going to finish him.

Dowell looks Ok but inconsistent like the young players we already have, so would rather play our own, so waste of a loan.

McKay is decent. Carayol needs to play on the other wing and we should try two up front with the Cumdog getting more opportunities.

Bouchalakis doesn't really look anything more than a squad player.

Basically, I would give Warbz a month to either coach the players in to doing things they're probably not capable of or start learning from his mistakes, because at this rate, I would say were in very serious danger of relegation.

We all thought it was going to be a topsy turvey season and so it is.
Keep the faith.
Warburton will be a success at Forest and will be here for a long time.
We cannot keep changing managers even when we are going through a bad patch.
So called fans wanted Houghton out at Brighton and look where they are now.

I'm not calling for his head. I'm calling for him to learn from his mistakes and play the right players.

Zed, he's trying to make do with what he's got and that's not saying much. He'll need more windows and cash before he will be able to make a difference worthy of note.

We all know that we could do a better job than him but he's doing his best to introduce a better brand of football with a bunch of players some of whom can adapt and some who are incapable of improvement or change. Just not good enough in some cases.

He needs at least another season to get his own new signings in and adapted to what he wants.

I think he will do a job for us.

I want him to do well and I prefer him to all of the other managers we've had probably since we've been out of the Prem.

I just think that his strategy leaves us vulnerable to relegation when the reality is that the players we have at our disposal are good enough for mid table.

As of last season...the squad we have ...nd even had last season...r good enough for mid table...no world beaters but also not relegation fodder...if we ended up in that situation it was more due too quality of coaching nd situation at the club....with the later now sorted...i dont see why the group of players available cannot be used to bring us at least in mid table....

No way should Warburton be sacked. He does however need to be more flexible in his playing philosophy as we simply don't have the players capable of his style.

Old Red Fart - 24/9/2017 13:22

Zed, he's trying to make do with what he's got and that's not saying much. He'll need more windows and cash before he will be able to make a difference worthy of note.

We all know that we could do a better job than him but he's doing his best to introduce a better brand of football with a bunch of players some of whom can adapt and some who are incapable of improvement or change. Just not good enough in some cases.

He needs at least another season to get his own new signings in and adapted to what he wants.

I think he will do a job for us.

You keep saying making do with what he has....he picked a lot of this team!

Stop making excuses for the mans insbility to pick a decent formation that our players can work

im pretty much with zedred..

appreciate those that have the faith and want stability but you cant get away from us being the worst defence pretty much last year and no real muscle in midflield and to do absolutely nothing about it is just too frustrating. Even if hed bought players that were gelling or had potential or 'something' I could deal with it.. But I just cant see us winning a game at the moment, you just cannot be this lightweight and we play like we are training.

Any of the kids 6 foot 3 bruisers who can tackle, head the ball and run in both halves? :30:

Calvin Plummer - 24/9/2017 15:45

Brilliant thread after 9 games.

at start of the season many were in agreement that it would take a good pre season and ten games or so before we could start to judge the progress on the pitch.. :14:

paz1967 - 24/9/2017 23:27

im pretty much with zedred..

appreciate those that have the faith and want stability but you cant get away from us being the worst defence pretty much last year and no real muscle in midflield and to do absolutely nothing about it is just too frustrating. Even if hed bought players that were gelling or had potential or 'something' I could deal with it.. But I just cant see us winning a game at the moment, you just cannot be this lightweight and we play like we are training.

Any of the kids 6 foot 3 bruisers who can tackle, head the ball and run in both halves? :30:

Ryan Yates is 6ft 3 ins and seems to be doing alright at Notts. Is he good enough to make the step up? Can we recall him in January?

ZedRed - 24/9/2017 11:31

I'm not calling for his head. I'm calling for him to learn from his mistakes and play the right players.

..and lump it long to Murphy.

MW is trying to instill a footballing philosophy, way of playing at the club. The ones who cannot adapt will be gone sooner or later. It is going to take a few more transfer windows. If you or anyone else want instantaneous gratification then I suggest finding another club. or learn a bit of patience

Bremen Tree - 25/9/2017 07:05

MW is trying to instill a footballing philosophy, way of playing at the club. The ones who cannot adapt will be gone sooner or later. It is going to take a few more transfer windows. If you or anyone else want instantaneous gratification then I suggest finding another club. or learn a bit of patience

We need to move it quickly up front. Knocking one over the top now and then doesnt hurt. Chelsea did it against us, theyre pretty good.

Passing along the back line is suicide. Flat passes across the middle are suicide. We do it for 90 mins

Bremen Tree - 25/9/2017 07:05

I'm all for taking a long term approach as in the past it has been almost completely focused on the short term and now we're almost the same but in the other direction with little regard for the short term.

Don't you think there ought to be some kind of balance. You know lets say with a 70% focus on the long term and 30% on the short term instead of 95% in either direction.

It seems that idea of being the antidote of Fawaz is to be the complete exact opposite, but that's not right either as there has to be a form of gradual transition and balance and I think that the club are getting this wrong again by overlooking this.