Kent CCC (NG/O) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Kent CCC (NG/O)

Loosing Kuhn so early didn’t help.poor run out,seemed so late setting off,Not sure Stewart would have made difference,not that much experience,but saying that Haggett was expensive and contributed little with bat,

I have to say was a great effort by the lads to get there considering we do not host test matches. That makes a hell of difference for income purposes.

Hampshire must have been strong favourites considering they only lost two group games including the one to us which was a bit of a freak as they were cruising with two overs to go.

Having said that, I am not quite sure why they stick with players that constantly do not perform. Finally, the bell dropped about Claydon once Podmore took his chance but Haggett had figures of 0-80 off nine overs in the semi final. Surprise, Surprise, he is taken off after only bowling two overs yesterday, came back for one more and had an economy rate of 11.33.

Hard to think that Stewart or Thomas could have done any worse.

Sadly, out bowled, out batted and outfielded on the day. My only criticism is that we tend to bowl lines that are successful in 4 day cricket but much less so in 1 day cricket. Hampshire bowled much more stump to stump and it was far more difficult to score off.

I'm not sure there was that much to choose between the teams - sometimes a couple of moment of brilliance makes all the difference and that was the case yesterday with the run outs. Also think Billings should have come in before Dickson. Also can someone explain the second powerplay to me please.

2nd powerplay I Think is final 10 overs when up to 5 fielders are allowed outside the 30 yard area
Yeah that's what I don't get. I thought a powetplay was when fielders outside the circle were restricted, not increased. Also I read somewhere it is only three overs, and when it happens is up to the batting side??