Kent CCC (NG/O) | Vital Football

Kent CCC (NG/O)

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
Just the cheeky 346 win over 2016 county champions Middlesex this week in D2, which can't be bad in the run up to the Lord's final on Sunday.

Grant Stewart enjoyed a truly amazing couple of days, got his first pfeiffer with 6-22 odd in the first inns, then hit a ton from 70 balls batting at ten. His previous bests in first class were a 2-fer and a 31.

Well positioned at the top end of D2, top at the moment because Warwickshire's game hasn't finished yet, in the final of the one day cup, and the t20 starting next week, HOPEFULLY this is going to be the start of a good period of growth for the club over the next 2-3 years.

Really looking forward to catching a couple of T20 games at Beckenham this year, and may even try and get to a day of the championship if the weather is nice one day this summer (Lord's is only up the road from my work).

Certainly knocking teams over for very low scores although our batting need to up the game in championship,Podmore unplayable 2nd innings,Stewart same in 1 st innings,plus an amazing maiden century in around 70 balls.
Best season so far for a very long time.
As you say bring on T20.

Grant Stewart enjoyed a truly amazing couple of days, got his first pfeiffer with 6-22 odd in the first inns, then hit a ton from 70 balls batting at ten.

Thought one of the most impressive stats in that century of his was that him and Thomas put on 100 for the 10th wicket. Thomas contributed the grand total of 1 run to that partnership :LOL:

Great result, especially as we were resting Henry. Podmore's starting to get among the wickets lately.

Thought one of the most impressive stats in that century of his was that him and Thomas put on 100 for the 10th wicket. Thomas contributed the grand total of 1 run to that partnership :LOL:

Great result, especially as we were resting Henry. Podmore's starting to get among the wickets lately.

Haha, love stats like that about the partnership.

Gotta fancy our chances in the final given what momentum can do for a group of sportsmen. Fingers crossed we get the win and carry that in to the T20 - roll on a treble! :p

Well done Kent, so who do you play in the final, Stewart or Haggert?
Haggert has played in all 10 games to reach the final,while Stewart hasn't played in any, but scored 142 runs batting at 10 and took 8 wickets in the match. I think they'll go with Haggert, but you never know.

Let's hope we can get promoted and keep the players. Stewart, what a match he had, hope he can be our all rounder to replace the old fella.

Let's hope we can get promoted and keep the players. Stewart, what a match he had, hope he can be our all rounder to replace the old fella.
I'd like to see both him and Stevo in the middle order and, if he's still on fire, Stewart should play with Stevo at Lords. While Stevens doesn't always take wickets, he has a canny ability to slow down the opposition batsmen, which is a real boon in the one day scenario.

Come on Kent. Bat first. Blake last for half an hour and smash them.

Kent win at 7th attempt at Lord's.

I'm stuck at my eldest brother's birthday do in Leicestershire - sod it. Looks like I'll be using a month's worth of data on my mobile keeping up to date.

Tried to push the run-rate up and lost wickets. A few poor run-outs and no contributions from Blake or Stevens left Billings with too much to do on his own. Second best on the day sadly.

Kinell, we're now worse than Jimmy White at finals, 7 losses in a row now.
I was really confident for once.

Ok, back to my usual glass half empty and England to lose on Tuesday.:gimp:

Was a good day out at Lords apart from the result. Plenty of Gills fans and badges on show. Strange how you never see any other Kent club badges or fans supporting Kent like Maidstone, Ebbsfleet etc. Also supporting Hampshire I only saw Southampton badges and none from Portsmouth etc.

Yes it was a good day apart from result. Sat in top tier of Edrich Stand, it was very, very hot. Glad I had my 6-1 Hat on and lots of sun cream. Must say I thought Hampshire turnout quite poor. At least twice, maybe 3 times as may Kent supporters.