Kane: will he won't he? the saga begins anew... | Page 45 | Vital Football

Kane: will he won't he? the saga begins anew...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks as though the move is as close as it's ever been and seems likely it'll finally get completed.

I really hope we spend at least half of what we get on a new young striker, it would be really disappointing going into the new season with only Richarlison to rely on, regardless of who else we sign in other positions.

The back end of last season there were one or two games where I saw a fully committed Kane. He was virtually unplayable. Unfortunately such performances are very very rare now days.
Away to Man City February 2022 when we won 3-2 is the only game in recent memory for me. And I think his motivation that afternoon was to make a very big point to Pep.

If it's true that the Bayern execs are flying in to London for talks and are prepared to pay £86m we should shake hands after a bit of token haggling.

I imagine we will, them flying over here to discuss means they finally want it done and can't imagine they wont agree terms as they know they're only a few mill short.

Must admit personally think it's a poor move for him.

Well, it looks as though the move is as close as it's ever been and seems likely it'll finally get completed.

I really hope we spend at least half of what we get on a new young striker, it would be really disappointing going into the new season with only Richarlison to rely on, regardless of who else we sign in other positions.

Is Son no longer a Spurs player?

I have just been googling to try to find how far back the terry/cahill partnership went. Terry left chelsea in 2016 :-(
There is of course a case to be made that he's reining it in as a form of self preservation, although that doesn't really wash in the highly competitive environment in which he's playing in. He's made himself far too comfortable for my liking & it's starting to irk me greatly. If it irks me how must his teammates be feeling?

Away to Man City February 2022 when we won 3-2 is the only game in recent memory for me. And I think his motivation that afternoon was to make a very big point to Pep.

I started writing about Kane's reduced commitment levels in Feb 2021. The lead up to the Euros, and when Kane thought he'd head to City. We've now had two and half seasons of this BS from him.
There is of course a case to be made that he's reining it in as a form of self preservation, although that doesn't really wash in the highly competitive environment in which he's playing in. He's made himself far too comfortable for my liking & it's starting to irk me greatly. If it irks me how must his teammates be feeling?

Such a great point about the potential for resentment from his team mates. Ange needs to be careful that he doesn't show a weakness by not setting a meritocracy. I'd literally have Kane in extra training on his own and tell him he's not even 45 min match fit based on what the manager and team mates have seen in the last 2 showings. Start acting like a big club for a change.

I started writing about Kane's reduced commitment levels in Feb 2021. The lead up to the Euros, and when Kane thought he'd head to City. We've now had two and half seasons of this BS from him.

Such a great point about the potential for resentment from his team mates. Ange needs to be careful that he doesn't show a weakness by not setting a meritocracy. I'd literally have Kane in extra training on his own and tell him he's not even 45 min match fit based on what the manager and team mates have seen in the last 2 showings. Start acting like a big club for a change.
I think the time has finally come for him to go. We're at a crossroads in life where the next decision will be key in our growth as a football club. He had the opportunity to be a part of it but has decided to seek pastures new. I reckon it's best for all concerned that we part ways.

Am i the only one who thinks even if he signed a new contract it would harm Spurs and signal the end of Ange?

He just doesnt suit a setup that requires mobility, effort and physical presence. The guy gives a team so much in the goals he scores (More and more penalties) but he takes in the other hand such a huge amount. IMO if he is still here this season or even next season we are in for more of the same and i havent enjoyed a second of it.
No m8 there have been several of us banging on for ages about HK moving on, for me it's really since he took the Huff and Downed tools over the Man C (non) move. Since then never been the same committed player really, needs a new challange, we need, a younger CF and, around 100 mil..

Status
Not open for further replies.