Just A Thought Ashley. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Just A Thought Ashley.

The line I recall seeing was pardew saying he couldn't stand in the way of a players ambition (words along the lines of manure coming in for cabaye and offering to make him the new paul scholes were used I think). Thing is, yes you can alan, by actually showing ambition yourself. If players think a club is going somewhere they'll stick around, if not (as is the case here) they'll fuck off if a good offer comes in for them

If he said that then its a great way to make people think the likes of man utd would actually want him.

"I think we do have a decent first 11 and better than most in this awfully over rated league."

Agreed we do but they look ponderous, lacking in confidence and vision. Only Pardwho can do that to a team ! Whatever happened to movement off the ball, defence splitting passes and creative set pieces ?????
-----
I brook no crapulence !

There are quite a few things wrong with our squad TNMW for a start we have one forward. But the main problem is Pardew, the clown sucked up all the plaudits last season as though he was some sort of master tactitician. This season has proven what a lot of us knew already i.e. he is totally and utterly fucking clueless when it comes to football and is a rather vain nasty human being. Sadly the band of happy clappers who welcomed him to NUFC have needed a season of abject shit to reach thisconclusion.

The ironic thing is, tail end of last season he'd found a system that worked, the 4-3-3 with Cisse through the middle, Ba on the left and Ben Arfa on the right was good. Tore west brom apart, allowed us to pick off swansea despite having minimal possession. One freak result (away at wigan when they were in their "Quick we have to avoid relegation mode") and he abandoned it and has been afraid to go back to it. His other experiments just haven't worked. Basically he doesn't know how to use the players he's got. Needs to go, simple as

I'm hoping Wigan lose their last 2 games and we stay up but get done by QPR and Arsenal. The pressure would then be on Ashley to do something.
What I suspect is Pardew will get a point or two somewhere and then come out with the usual quotes. The lads responded magnificently, I could not have asked for more, Wait till next season etc etc. and Ashley will believe it.

Owl, I am beginning to feel that that won't happen. Ashley is no one's mug. He'll have heard a trail of excuses like the rest of us - we've come damn close to the drop this season, it may yet still happen. Maybe he will take advantage of the managerial merry-go-round that Fergie's retirement will kick-start.

Officemonkey - 8/5/2013 10:50

I think we do have a decent first 11 and better than most in this awfully over rated league. However, you don't get world stars for 500k and such like. Pay good money and get good players provided the scouting is right. I'm almost certain with the quality we have got for little than Graham Carr could've got a whole lot better if the fat **** made available what every other club in the land gets. Certainly a club that's in the top 20 in Europe! Can't fight off big clubs for our players? Clubs the size of Athletico Madrid should be fighting off teams like us!

Spot on

taffontyne - 9/5/2013 02:30

Owl, I am beginning to feel that that won't happen. Ashley is no one's mug. He'll have heard a trail of excuses like the rest of us - we've come damn close to the drop this season, it may yet still happen. Maybe he will take advantage of the managerial merry-go-round that Fergie's retirement will kick-start.

Ashley has proved in the past that he has no problems with weilding the axe if he feels something isnt working, how things pan out with Pardew will obviously depend on these last two games but I think that Ashley will be already considering what to do with him, Dekka seems like a self preserving prick so he could well encourage getting rid of Pardew just to save his own skin

Lets be honest, Ashley wielded the Axe on hughton for far less than this. We were 11th in the table, were only a couple of weeks off our biggest Tyne-wear derby win for some time and the players were fighting for the boss (ok we had a couple of bad results) but we weren't looking in any real danger. Pardew has dragged us down to the brink (A brink we may still topple over), I can't see fatty letting him get away with it. Llambias said he's allowed one bad season, he never said anything about a disasterous one

My thoughts have changed now because whilst watching the Fergie tributes yesterday, they made regular points that he was given time after being in danger of being sacked at one stage.

Plus as pointed out by someone on here, stooges don't grow on trees.

The difference being Fergie had a fantastic record at Aberdeen so deserved a bit of time. Pardew has only won a tin of paint in his whole career.

Agree with Vin, Ferguson had a great track record in scotland (Last manager to take a team other than celtic or rangers to the title), and won the cup winners cup. Pardew has won the johnston's paint trophy. The gulf in class is vast. TNMW you have to ask yourself, do you GENIUNELY think that pardew can get anywhere near making us successful? do you really think we will win anything with him in charge, cos I gotta tell you I don't. To take a squad with so many internationals to the brink of relegation isn't just poor management it's downright criminal.

Pardews excuse will mainly be focused around the fact that he wasn't backed by the regime in the transfer market pre season...And not once has he been able to field our strongest 11 starting players...Remember December and January when regularly 5/6 purples were missing for one reason or another and the kids were being thrown in at the deepend...Whilst not sticking up for him as I believe like many on here that he certainly has not the credentials to take the club forward I still think the lack of personel at crucial stages of the season have put us in the position we now find ourselves in and not replacing Demba Ba in January was nothing short of suicidal.

We will go nowhere under Pardew, just the same drab performances and the usual excuses.
If Ashley has any interest at all in the football side he will get rid of him fast. The Manager merrygoround is about to start and we may be left behind.

Toon_Demon - 9/5/2013 09:11

Agree with Vin, Ferguson had a great track record in scotland (Last manager to take a team other than celtic or rangers to the title), and won the cup winners cup. Pardew has won the johnston's paint trophy. The gulf in class is vast. TNMW you have to ask yourself, do you GENIUNELY think that pardew can get anywhere near making us successful? do you really think we will win anything with him in charge, cos I gotta tell you I don't. To take a squad with so many internationals to the brink of relegation isn't just poor management it's downright criminal.

Oh I agree TD, im just talking in retrospect as to how the regime are probably thinking and if we do survive after looking like dropping for a time then you can imagine the cockiness of Llambias or Parsnip after guaranteeing an extra £40 million or so minimum on what would be earned after a relegation.

The truth of the matter is that this should be a massive kick up the arse for Ashley and we'll know for certain within 16 weeks, but we still have to survive first, then the inquest has to start.

There has always been this argument offered by people saying we should keep a manager because only long term managers are successful. Always disagreed with the theory as you can't turn a turd into a diamond the longer you keep it.