Just A Thought Ashley. | Vital Football

Just A Thought Ashley.

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
There's not too much wrong with our squad but there's massive problems with how they are trained.

Basically, the manager is out of his depth.

IF, we survive and I said if,we keep him, hoying obscene amounts of cash at him to solve our problems wont work. You may as well burn it.

We know what areas need strengthening but we don't need a lot and personally I feel that recruiting the right manager on decent premier league wages will save money in the long run as you get quality for the price.

For example, employing a Mourinho would set you back around £10 million a year or £200k a week but someone like Wenger would be 'cheap' at £85k a week or £4 million-ish a year or a Moyes for £65k a week. Nee transfer fee either.

Employing a top class, respected manager will get more out of our current bunch and provide more value for money.

If anything, we're losing money by not doing it.

kevinpie - 7/5/2013 22:24

Would you look to the premiership or abroad for proposed new manager ?

Good question.

Probably either if im honest but a good manager who can work under the conditions is a must surely.

Been saying it for a while,when Jose returns to The Bridge in July Benitez will be on his way here.

Wenger wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick. I think Benitez would be ideal.. However, his stock keeps rising because he's doing a decent job. I can't think of an outright candidate who would take it.

Blyth - 7/5/2013 22:27

Wenger wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick. I think Benitez would be ideal.. However, his stock keeps rising because he's doing a decent job. I can't think of an outright candidate who would take it.

I never really thought of Wenger before but it would be an ideal new challenge for him and somewhere where he'd be fully appreciated as well.

Hoy wages of £100 k a week at him with a bit of a transfer chest and he'll cadge a lift up here.

I heard benitez was wanted in Germany by Shalke.

Toony - I think there is a problem with the squad - few of them seem capable of lasting 90 minutes, including our captain. Now the coaching side of things has been well documented and heaven knows we need a better manager than Pardew. But when I see players like ben Arfa turning up so out of shape, you have to think that individuals need to take responsibility also.

Why would a top manager come here? For the challenge maybe? Christ, would they have a challenge working for this lot. I somehow cannot see the likes of Wenger going into a season with no centre back cover, let alone all the other deficiencies going into this season.

Tomfoolery - 7/5/2013 22:42

Wenger is on £7m a year..

Maybe the figures have increased more than i thought then but regardless, hoying good money after bad on players that get ruined by Pardew is an absolute waste.

Offer Wenger £8 million a year and take it off the transfer kitty. Im sure we'd still finish higher under him than Pardew.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 8/5/2013 09:21

There's not too much wrong with our squad but there's massive problems with how they are trained.

Basically, the manager is out of his depth.

IF, we survive and I said if,we keep him, hoying obscene amounts of cash at him to solve our problems wont work. You may as well burn it.

We know what areas need strengthening but we don't need a lot and personally I feel that recruiting the right manager on decent premier league wages will save money in the long run as you get quality for the price.

For example, employing a Mourinho would set you back around £10 million a year or £200k a week but someone like Wenger would be 'cheap' at £85k a week or £4 million-ish a year or a Moyes for £65k a week. Nee transfer fee either.

Employing a top class, respected manager will get more out of our current bunch and provide more value for money.

If anything, we're losing money by not doing it.

Your right tooney, even with the squad we are working with at this stage of the season we should be far better placed. Pardew is supposed to be a "manager" and a part of that means being able to pick the best available team and be able to motivate them to get the job done, as far as Pardew is concerned he is very limited manager and once he gets to a certain point in his tenure there is nothing more that he can do, he has proved that here and he has proved that elsewhere, spending 30 million in the summer on players still means that he will be training them, picking the squad and trying to motivate them to get the results, will it be any different next season? I dont think that it will be, one of Pardews worst apparent faults is his arrogance and total lack of self awareness, I dont think he believes he is doing a bad job and that is a massive massive worry, a good manager needs to be able to see where things are going wrong and to be able to put things into place to fix them, there is no doubting that we need a new manager but I stick to my previous argument that I do not believe that even when Pardew does bite the bullet we will get a reputable manager in to replace him.

Sir Laz - 8/5/2013 09:52

Are there no managers in the lower leagues making a name for themselves ?

Lee Clark has been the obvious name thrown up in the past

jiggystoon - 7/5/2013 22:55

Sir Laz - 8/5/2013 09:52

Are there no managers in the lower leagues making a name for themselves ?

Lee Clark has been the obvious name thrown up in the past
True like,but surely there are others who would be a better option.

I think the job is not for Clarkie - a Geordie at any cost? By rights he should have gone up with Huddersfield. The club needs a manager who can command the respect of this squad on the footballing front. I don't think we can attract the top managers because I don't think they would be prepared to put their reputation on the line with this lot in charge. But not having one of thos ein charge does not mean football ends at SJP. Good young people are out there who can improve things here - significantly. Several clubs around the PL playing some very good football not hoofball tells me the pool is larger than we think.

The worry Laz is this is the shower who thought Kinnear was a good shout. Oh for a David Dein at the club.

Again Taff I am in agreement,can't help but wonder who is or was advising them when they appointed Pardew.I think there was someone behind the scenes involved.

I think we should look to the continent (perhaps Germany or The Netherlands) for a young manager that wants to take the next step, I dont have a specific name in mind but one that actually has some tactical knowledge with some good modern ideas for setting up training, set peices etc Imagine how much more dynamic we would look with a good technical game, that would suit HBA and Cabaye etc but we still have the metal in the middle of the park with Tiote (if he sorts his shit out) and Sissoko, like tooney is saying, despite how things have gone this season we are still not that far off the pace in terms of talent in the sqaud, just need a decent manager to get them playing again