July 1st | Page 2 | Vital Football

July 1st

Reilly doesn't drive! He used to either get a lift to the club with another player or came in by taxi. It used to make me laugh when some would shout "taxi for Nash", when in fact it was for Reilly...
Rumour has it we are actually due to sign someone today. Coincidence or because of the mythlogical July 1st rules? The mind boggles.

Rumour has it we are actually due to sign someone today. Coincidence or because of the mythlogical July 1st rules? The mind boggles.
Forward Brandon Hanlan has signed following his June 30th release from Charlton. As today is July 2nd, today was the closest training day to July 1st, so he has joined his new team mates at the club today.

Surely you've read paragraph 5 clause 2 which prohibits transfer activity on a Sunday and states "any business due to take place on such a day shall re commence on the closest following week day". This was of course amended in 1992 to include "unless that day happens to fall upon a bank holiday" to fit in with the newly formed premiere league.

Must all be true as Barry Fuller now also confirmed.

Come on AK, just man up and admit that the July 1st rule is true and not a myth, you're living in denial man and you're only lying to yourself.

Well clearly Fuller and Hanlan don't count AK .Just Lovell and I are good mates and I had a quiet word :rocker::decks::cheers::cheers:.Cheers AK.

Well, with our squad, we are bound to give the likes of Sunderland and their £43,000 per week -players a hard challenge for promotion!

Look back at last season Bury ,Northampton and MK Dons almost certainly had a much bigger budget than Shrewsbury .There were players that will be asked to step up .Has he picked some gems ?Time to wait and see .