July 1st | Vital Football

July 1st

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
Just thought I'd start a thread especially for all the transfer news that comes on this date. Nothing as yet but it is Sunday so it will probably all kick off tomorrow.

I've heard a rumor that Fuller is about to sign for us, and someone doesn't like Eeeeeeeeeaves, and is trying to ship him off to Millwall....

Using my back legs in the manner of the froghopper to build up a froth of excitement about tomorrow's dozens of new signings. I am stoked. I am port valed.

Mbappe is set to sign for us I heard - on the way home from the pub after 6 pints and an exhausting game of cricket. I didn't have time to get to the Queen's Head to confirm this though, so I may be wrong.

Mbappe is set to sign for us I heard - on the way home from the pub after 6 pints and an exhausting game of cricket. I didn't have time to get to the Queen's Head to confirm this though, so I may be wrong.

Nah, that Millwall bloke writing on the website about Tom Eaves now reckons Mbappe is just the sort of player they need. We've no chance now.

Outside the Queen's Head - half way up the Maidstone road. It's a bit slow at the moment. John Akinde - Barry Fuller and Callum Reily are all that is here at present. So no major surprises as yet.

Nobby, I must apologise to you, when seeing the title of this thread I thought "prat" , the story then broke about a raft of new signings this week, it appears that July the 1st does indeed hold magical powers.

Nobby, I must apologise to you, when seeing the title of this thread I thought "prat" , the story then broke about a raft of new signings this week, it appears that July the 1st does indeed hold magical powers.

I'm struggling now.

Is it Nobby, nitram, AK or me that's got this all wrong?

Who is being whooshed and by whom. Roll on August.

I wouldn't worry too much, OSK. It's got to be nearly July 3rd where you are, this whole thing will have blown over by then. You'll have to let us know who we've signed.

Other than nobby, I genuinely cant work out who's trying to wind me up for a bit of fun or genuinely believes some of this guff.

Oh good , someone on Twitter saw a black merc outside the ground about an hour ago and thought the chap looked like Callum Reilly. Now someone will spoil it and say he drives a Toyota.

Oh good , someone on Twitter saw a black merc outside the ground about an hour ago and thought the chap looked like Callum Reilly. Now someone will spoil it and say he drives a Toyota.

Reilly doesn't drive! He used to either get a lift to the club with another player or came in by taxi. It used to make me laugh when some would shout "taxi for Nash", when in fact it was for Reilly...