Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 65 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

For me the entertainment value is every bit as important as the result, whereby the only real criticism I've had, and have expressed consistently regarding Mourinho, is his often negative, hold on to what you've got style of football, often a master class in boring the pants off those unfortunate enough to watch it. I really don't know what has happened in the last week, but long may it last. If Jose is taking the view that the best results this team can achieve is by playing to its attacking strengths, there are good times ahead.

We are creating chances, if we keep doing that we'll win more than we'll lose. It also means we can ease Bale in, I'm convinced that something is happening here.
I was really concerned about the amount of games we were scheduled to play over the last 3 weeks, with the exception of Newcastle we've come through unscathed

If we can keep people fit we are always a goal threat. Son, Kane and Bale would get into any 11 in the world. I'm amazed we haven't seen more injuries in the last couple of weeks and we weirdly seemed to have benefitted from the hectic schedule as our players looked so fit today.

Now we just have to hope we survive the international break, because we rarely do.

If we can keep people fit we are always a goal threat. Son, Kane and Bale would get into any 11 in the world. I'm amazed we haven't seen more injuries in the last couple of weeks and we weirdly seemed to have benefitted from the hectic schedule as our players looked so fit today.

Now we just have to hope we survive the international break, because we rarely do.

For me the most important players in our team are Hugo, Hojbjerg, NDombele/Lo Celso, Son & Kane. Keep those fit (especially Hojbj, Kane & Son) and we will have a very good season. The rest of the team we have good replacements for.

For me the most important players in our team are Hugo, Hojbjerg, NDombele/Lo Celso, Son & Kane. Keep those fit (especially Hojbj, Kane & Son) and we will have a very good season. The rest of the team we have good replacements for.

We have decent backup in all positions with perhaps CB and DM being slightly short. To achieve anything its going to need to be one hell of a team effort.

I think Davies counts as homegrown for the Premier League but not for Europe. The PL doesn't count the Welsh Association as a different association unlike UEFA.
Yep, that's certainly a strange bit of the rules. But because of that it makes sense to manage the squad by looking at the stricter rules I guess. Not sure I see much value in having somebody in the squad for league games but not Europe.

We are creating chances, if we keep doing that we'll win more than we'll lose. It also means we can ease Bale in, I'm convinced that something is happening here.
I was really concerned about the amount of games we were scheduled to play over the last 3 weeks, with the exception of Newcastle we've come through unscathed

It is starting to bubble nicely Top!
Winks didnt get on today, no Loco, Bale and Vini to come.
We are starting to whistle..

In the Amazon doc I thought he came across as passionate to win, seems to be spreading that thru the team. PEH is clearly going to be an onfield captain/motivator/fecking asset so for me he was a great buy. Obv I am over the proverbial moon we kicked Utd arses & knocked Chelsea out the cup...But so happy for Jose too.... Right now it's all moving sweetly, could end up a season to remember, fingers crossed!

You were pretty close.

'Cept for the Dele Alli part tho.

:smoke:

Well it went down to the wire, we now know that the club had actually left the decision down to Alli, and he decided at 6p.m. yesterday to stick out for the next 3 months.(apparnetly, they couldn't agree on the future sales value so couldn't cross the T's and dot the i's - Alli will know today that the club didn't want to keep him).

So I'm not confident that this outcome will be repeated in the next window.

He'll have to shine very bright now to get Jose to change his stance - he wanted him gone.

Well it went down to the wire, we now know that the club had actually left the decision down to Alli, and he decided at 6p.m. yesterday to stick out for the next 3 months.(apparnetly, they couldn't agree on the future sales value so couldn't cross the T's and dot the i's - Alli will know today that the club didn't want to keep him).

So I'm not confident that this outcome will be repeated in the next window.

He'll have to shine very bright now to get Jose to change his stance - he wanted him gone.
Did the club not want him or Jose?
Or both?
He needs to do an N'dom. Amd. Jose needs to give him a break amd some recognition if he does. Fingers crossed for him.

All I can say to Deli is...get your head down, work hard son and prove what your worth to the team and club, its in your court, prove them wrong.

Gareth Bale set for second Tottenham debut? Jose Mourinho hints at West Ham team selection

Gareth Bale and Carlos Vinicius join Tottenham training

Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho says it is "very, very important" that Gareth Bale "has a happy season" as the winger works towards his second debut.

The Welshman is back in north London after seven years away at Real Madrid and is in line to feature for the first time this weekend against West Ham.

Mourinho has suggested that Spurs will be cautious with Bale after little football over the past few months, calling him "Gary" - a same mistake made with England manager Gareth Southgate - in the process.

"The team is the most important thing, Gary...Gareth is here to help the team but at the same time we care about him, we care about the body," he told Sky Sports.

"The decisions we are going to make will be for the good of the team but also for his own good," he told Sky Sports News.

"It is very, very important he has a happy season with us and I think at this moment in his career that is very, very important."

Tottenham host West Ham on Sunday two weeks after their last game, a 6-1 thrashing of Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Mourinho has joked that complaints at the club have gone from too many games to too few as he welcomes his squad back to Hotspur Way.

"I have missed the press, no I am joking," he continued. "I have missed the players, the majority of them, but the ones who were here worked very, very well and we managed to give them a couple of days off.

"Hard work since Monday and today is the first day where everyone is back."

He added: "In that [busy] period, we were complaining about too many matches. Last week we are complaining about no matches, so we are always complaining.

"Jokes apart, we dealt well with that busy period, just because the squad is very good and the boys were fantastic.

"This period now, some of the guys went to national teams and it's always a period that it's a bit strange because you want to work but you cannot work because you're waiting for them.

"Today they come [back] but of course different work for different groups. Then a big match on Sunday against a team that is playing well and getting very good results.

"It's a London derby as well so let's forget what we did well in the past couple of weeks where we got good results and a new period starts on Sunday."

I think those comments from Jose bodes well for the future, Bale is undoubtedly happy to be back at Spurs. As we all know a happy will performs at his best, all he needs is a little luck and he'll be flying

Jose's couple of jokes in the press confernece shows he's in good form and enjoying himself and that has to bode well for the team atmosphere. But let's see it in action against the spam and the World will be wonderful again :-)

I actually didn't expect to see Bale start for a few games, especially not against West Ham. Maybe a 20 minute cameo at best but after seeing clips of him and hearing what Jose has said it wouldn't at all surprise me if he started.

Personally I'd still stick him on with 20/30 mins to play, ease him in.

I actually didn't expect to see Bale start for a few games, especially not against West Ham. Maybe a 20 minute cameo at best but after seeing clips of him and hearing what Jose has said it wouldn't at all surprise me if he started.

Personally I'd still stick him on with 20/30 mins to play, ease him in.
I tend to agree Scott, my sensible head says 20-25 min would be the right move. But a lot will depend on how the lads that have been away look, Jose may prefer to give him 60 min and bring hom off.