Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 64 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

It was an excellent free kick ( 5 yards or more further up field than it should have been ) so cheats. The header was top notch too , Toby was more at fault IMO but what should he or could he have done ?
Nick I applaud your positivity...keep it up mate but a team that relies on what should have happened as opposed to what actually happened isn’t going to get any plaudits from me.

Nick I applaud your positivity...keep it up mate but a team that relies on what should have happened as opposed to what actually happened isn’t going to get any plaudits from me.

I was giving credit to the execution of the free kick....it happens sometimes. I asked what could Toby have done about it ? Physically to outjump Calvert possibly unrealistic, to muscle him off and risk a pen....maybe. I am not particularly positive, but as I said its too early to be writing us off.

Despite their recent hectic schedule, having to play eight games in 22 days, the likes of Juan Foyth, Ryan Sessegnon, Paulo Gazzaniga, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Danny Rose have not been used at all.

Mourinho has previously said he has too many players and it becomes difficult to manage, so he expects to lose some before Monday night's deadline.

"The transfer window in two directions and it's possible that we could let a couple of players to leave, it's possible we could let a couple of young players to go and experience playing," he said.

skysports-dele-alli-tottenham_5077531.jpg

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho says Dele Alli is conducting himself in a 'very professional' way, despite speculation about his future, and could be in the line-up for Thursday's Europa League play-off.

"For sure, we are not going to keep every player in the squad over normal numbers.

"I like to work normally with a squad of 22 players plus the keepers and we are not going to be far from that number."

Spurs round off their packed schedule against United and Mourinho knows that plenty more of his squad will be disappointed if they are not involved.

"My job is not to keep them happy. My job is to do the best for the club and to get the best possible results," Mourinho said.

"But it is certain that I agree that it's impossible to keep everybody happy when you have so many players because every weekend, every match, some players will not be playing and that's not good for them especially when they are good players.

"But at the same time, we are a big club, we want to be bigger, we want to play in all the competitions, we have six matches in Europa League group phase playing on a Thursday and we are for sure to get lots of matches at Sunday at 12 o'clock or Sunday 3pm.

"It's going to be very, very hard so it's impossible to do it with all the same players and to have a good squad with good numbers is what all the top clubs have."

FWIW; I'm told we have indicated that a deal in principle for Dele is doable to psg, ignore what the press are saying. we have not rejected anything, we just want a bigger sale number at the end of the loan and it not to be an option.

It seems their will be a decision on Monday as the board and Jose are not as one on this ..

lol - I only just posted this on the transfer thread and then see this new one.

I'm still not understanding the size of the squad or the strategy with the younger players. When you think about it, we have the following:

Lloris, Hart
Doherty, Aurier, Davies Reguilon
Toby, Dier, Sanchez
Hojberg, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Gio, Dele
Bale, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela
Kane, Vinicius

That's a core 22 players for an 18 man squad. If Dele goes, that's 21. If an experienced centre half joins, then back to 21.

Then you take the younger crowd - Austin, Tanganga, Foyth, Cirkin, Sess, White, Bowden, Gedson, Clarke. They surely need to get out of the club for the sake of their development. Some need first team football, not just a few hugs and compliments on the training ground from Jose. They need to follow Skipp and Parrott's lead.

Jose surely has nowhere to hide if questioned again about his policy with younger players. He can only defend his corner by winning something, especially if we see Dele leave. In our squad, he has made U25 the new U21 in my opinion.

Team 1 - Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bale, Kane, Son.
Team 2 - Hart, Aurier, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Vinicius, Bergwijn.

Assumes Dele will not be with us. Gedson can be used as a utility player to fill a number of positions in either team. Rose can stay at home.

22 plus the keepers

LB: Davies, Reguilon
RB: Doherty, Aurier
CB: Dier, Rudiger, Toby, Sanchez,
Tanganga
CM: Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso
Gedson, Winks, Sissoko
LW: Son, Bergwijn
RW: Bale, Moura, Lamala
ST: Kane, Vinicius

Jose doesn’t want Dele no matter what he says. I think he’s gone by Monday.

22 plus the keepers

LB: Davies, Reguilon
RB: Doherty, Aurier
CB: Dier, Rudiger, Toby, Sanchez,
Tanganga
CM: Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso
Gedson, Winks, Sissoko
LW: Son, Bergwijn
RW: Bale, Moura, Lamala
ST: Kane, Vinicius

Jose doesn’t want Dele no matter what he says. I think he’s gone by Monday.

Why is the inference on the manager Jose wasn't here when Alli's poor form started? He's been underperforming for three years and has put himself in the predicament of an uncertain future.

Team 1 - Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bale, Kane, Son.
Team 2 - Hart, Aurier, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Vinicius, Bergwijn.

Assumes Dele will not be with us. Gedson can be used as a utility player to fill a number of positions in either team. Rose can stay at home.

Some weaknesses still in the squad.

Dier isn't a first 11 CB. Still question marks if Bale can play the full 90 in the Premier League.

That damn Winks/Sissoko combination can go to hell. I would literally rather play Davies at DM.

Lamela will get injured.

Rome wasn't built in a day I guess.

Dier isn't a first 11 CB. Still question marks if Bale can play the full 90 in the Premier League.

That damn Winks/Sissoko combination can go to hell. I would literally rather play Davies at DM.

Lamela will get injured.

Agree entirely, but it is probably a lot better than maybe we expected at the start of the window.
Four CB's but all suspect to some degree. I've been saying for a long time that Sanchez and Tanganga will eventually be our regular CB pairing, but Sanchez inconsistency is a real concern. With Reguilion having been signed I fully expect to see Davies making a number of appearances at CB.
I don't fancy the Winks/Sissoko combination either, hence they were in my 'second team'. Hojbjerg and Ndombele is the logical pairing, but it's still a wait and see scenario as to whether Ndombele is able to start regularly, and whether he consistently plays at the level which he is obviously capable of.
With Kane, Son, Bale,Vinicius, Lo Celso, Lamela and Moura, we are now in a pretty good situation in the attacking third.

FWIW; I'm told we have indicated that a deal in principle for Dele is doable to psg, ignore what the press are saying. we have not rejected anything, we just want a bigger sale number at the end of the loan and it not to be an option.

It seems their will be a decision on Monday as the board and Jose are not as one on this ..
I view this as the most probable outcome. With so many attacking midfielders/wingers somebody has to make way.

GK: Hugo [Hart]
RB: Doherty [Aurier]
CB: Toby [Snchz]
CB: Dier [Tanganga]
LB: Reguilon [Davies]
CM: Winks [PEH]
CM: Dele [GLC]
CM: NDomb [Lamela]
LF: Bale [Lucas]
CF: Kane [Beast]
RF: Son [StevieB]

Utility: Sissoko, Gedson

22 plus goalies.

Many of these decisions are going to be driven by the UEFA squad rules below, I think I've got them correct...

List A; Up to 25 - 4 club trained, Up to 21 non club trained, Up to 17 foreign
List B; under 21s who have been at the club for 3 years. Realistically only Tanganga. Can't see White or Cirkin (especially) getting a look in.

List A
Club trained: Winks, Bale, Kane
FA trained: Hart, Doherty, Dele
Foreign: Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Sissoko, Gedson, Lo Celso, Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn, Son, Vinicius

That's 24 with all the foreign spaces at a maximum so no room for Foyth or Gazzaniga. Although it might be strange to only have 2 senior keepers. Maybe somebody like Austin gets promoted.
That is also 20 non club grown players so only one of Clarke or Sessegnon can be registered. Don't see the point in doing so considering the squad depth a head of them.
Don't see Aurier as being the type to be content at being a back up (which Tanganga can also cover). But there hasn't been much talk about him for several weeks.

Sell/loan; Rose, Foyth, Gazza, Sessegnon, Clarke, White, Cirken.

That leaves us with the 22 plus keepers as mentioned by Jose.

In the next 2 Windows I'd imagine Aurier, Sissoko, Gedson, Lamela and Toby will be the ones with question marks over their heads. Plus Dele if he's still here.

Many of these decisions are going to be driven by the UEFA squad rules below, I think I've got them correct...

List A; Up to 25 - 4 club trained, Up to 21 non club trained, Up to 17 foreign
List B; under 21s who have been at the club for 3 years. Realistically only Tanganga. Can't see White or Cirkin (especially) getting a look in.

List A
Club trained: Winks, Bale, Kane
FA trained: Hart, Doherty, Dele
Foreign: Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Sissoko, Gedson, Lo Celso, Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn, Son, Vinicius

That's 24 with all the foreign spaces at a maximum so no room for Foyth or Gazzaniga. Although it might be strange to only have 2 senior keepers. Maybe somebody like Austin gets promoted.
That is also 20 non club grown players so only one of Clarke or Sessegnon can be registered. Don't see the point in doing so considering the squad depth a head of them.
Don't see Aurier as being the type to be content at being a back up (which Tanganga can also cover). But there hasn't been much talk about him for several weeks.

Sell/loan; Rose, Foyth, Gazza, Sessegnon, Clarke, White, Cirken.

That leaves us with the 22 plus keepers as mentioned by Jose.

In the next 2 Windows I'd imagine Aurier, Sissoko, Gedson, Lamela and Toby will be the ones with question marks over their heads. Plus Dele if he's still here.
I think Davies counts as homegrown for the Premier League but not for Europe. The PL doesn't count the Welsh Association as a different association unlike UEFA.

Lamela will get injured.

RD...you nailed it and I would add a few:

-Lucas - still the epitome of inconsistent
-Son - dynamic as always but honestly he largely benefits from Kane being an assist machine. If Kane isn't doing that....who picks up that slack? (still don't see how folks don't see where Kane is at his best...and it isn't up top)
-Dele - I will let Rich chime in here...because he has been right for so long...waste

So yeah we STILL have a long ways to go if we are to rebuild this thing. I believe we will continue to be inconsistent. I see us surprising a few teams and winning some big games...but I also see us be frustrating as hell and losing to lesser opponents just as often.

Going to be a roller coaster...but hey we are Spurs, it's what we do!

Our first eleven is still pretty good, certainly capable of challenging the top 4, it's our lack of depth that's killing us.

Poch used the same players nearly every game & it cost him dear. Jose won't make the same mistake, he'll demand a squad deep enough to challenge on all fronts.
No i stand by everything i previously said.

Jose now has that depth & a team that's willing to work hard for one another.

We are creating chances, if we keep doing that we'll win more than we'll lose. It also means we can ease Bale in, I'm convinced that something is happening here.
I was really concerned about the amount of games we were scheduled to play over the last 3 weeks, with the exception of Newcastle we've come through unscathed