Jorge Hurtado join on loan | Page 10 | Vital Football

Jorge Hurtado join on loan

Very bad luck all round. Hope that the young fella will be terrorising defenders again soon. Clubs may think twice about sending young players to our division if they are going to be hacked to pieces.

Copied from today's GFC Wrexham preview....

'Jorge Hurtado is unavailable for selection and is due to have surgery, having suffered a knee injury in training.'

The 'in training' bit is news to me.

Copied from today's GFC Wrexham preview....

'Jorge Hurtado is unavailable for selection and is due to have surgery, having suffered a knee injury in training.'

The 'in training' bit is news to me.

Its where they spotted it - almost certainly caused in the Swindon game but it was in training that they found it.

Its where they spotted it - almost certainly caused in the Swindon game but it was in training that they found it.
I've never had a injury of this kind (touch wood.)But is it possible that a injury could only show up more than 24 hours after it occurred?

I've never had an injury of this kind (touch wood.)But is it possible that an injury could only show up more than 24 hours after it occurred?
No Chris.
It more than likely occurred during the match given the amount of times he was kicked, but came to light during training.
After a match, the adrenaline is flowing and he probably just thought it was a bit sore.
Ligament damage is instant but cartilage isn’t.
I’ve had four knee ops including full replacement so know about this.
Ironically, my ankles are now also buggered.
I always had ankle problems when playing.

In this photo from the Swindon game he had tape on his knee during the game. Don’t know if he had the tape on the whole time he was on. McKirdy (the Swindon player in the pic) came on in 62nd minute.

I do hope we haven’t played him with an existing injury that’s got a lot worse.
IMG_0906.jpeg

Saw Clemence speak about it last week, Hurtado trained on the Thursday after the Swindon game but Clemence could tell he wasn’t his usual self in training, but Hurtado said that he was ok- but the language barrier was a bit of an issue.
They got back to the club, used an interpreter and he said he had a small problem in his knee, so then they got it scanned and found the issue, which must have been worse than he was making out.

Last edited:
Saw clemence speak about it last week, Hurtado trained on the Thursday after the Swindon game but Clemence could tell he wasn’t his usual self in training, but Hurtado said that he was ok- but the language barrier was a bit of an issue.
They got back to a club, used an interpreter and he said he had a small problem in his knee, so then they got it scanned and found the issue which must have been worse than he was making out.
Does sound like the lad was desperate to make a impact.The fact that there was a language problem clearly contributed to the problem.Not being able to chat with teammates who would have had similar issues in the past. They would have highly recommended he told management the full facts. Lesson must be learnt great idea but simply too young and reckless for his own good.

Last edited:
Hurtado will be missed, the type of player that brings a smile to everybody. Hope he recovers soon and best of luck for the future.
He had a touch of excitement about him for sure, probably similar to Febian Brandy when we he had him on loan. Tricky, quick and unpredictable.

We’ll miss him.

I loved his attitude and willingness to attack at all costs however, he looked ungainly and never really in control of the ball at times. Clearly he was trying his utmost to make a good impression with the fans - which he did up to a point - but lost the ball too often. He might have done better turning the boost button back down to 100% from the 200% he appeared to be using.

I'd like to see him back but maybe just not so over enthousiastic. Hope he heals well, and quickly.

Last edited: