Jorge Hurtado join on loan | Vital Football

Jorge Hurtado join on loan

At least he won't understand when he gets told he's shit, to small, too young, to slow, missed a sitter etc.🤣

Welcome Jorge. (or whatever that is in Colombian)

Analysis from the Not the Top 20 substack:

The 20-year-old spent the latter part of 2023 on loan at New York Red Bulls, before featuring in Watford’s FA Cup win over Chesterfield. A product of the Real Cartagena academy, Hurtado is still incredibly raw, erratic and unpredictable, but he’s a willing runner.
VERDICT: THIS COULD GO ONE OF TWO WAYS

Watford fans saying the same - raw, not the finished product, quality dubious. Could well do a job at L2, could be a dud.

Or we could just not try to be immediately pathetically critical about a player none of us knows much about?

That's what I'm saying.

I'd love to know what some people think the recruitment team do all day. I know Hess and Jackett aren't everyone's cup of tea but do people think they are deliberately bringing in dross players or something?

This one is down to Clemence it is very likely this this lad has a long way to go.But clearly has talent a excellent signing as something different.I would expect a more experienced player still to arrive.But having this guy on the bench at first will do us no harm at all .Managers will know very little about him.So that might help us.Massive upgrade if it all clicks for him.Over to you SC.Welcome Jorge.