Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Seems a lot of money for a striker not proven at the top level but we can worry about that next year if he does the job we brought him for. Welcome to Villa Jonathan!

DeanoVilla - 30/8/2016 16:26

Theoretically we now have four 20+ goals a season men in the squad (I'm including Ayew as he should be able to hit that at this level).

If we don't get promoted now then it's squarely at the door of the manager.
Maybe throw Grealish into that mix too if allowed more of a free role.

DeanoVilla - 30/8/2016 16:26

Theoretically we now have four 20+ goals a season men in the squad (I'm including Ayew as he should be able to hit that at this level).

If we don't get promoted now then it's squarely at the door of the manager.

And I'm guessing you haven't included Gabby or Kojak in those four, both of whom have full international caps. :10:

Supply line, that's what worries me now, plus LB especially now that Cissokho is injured and Amavi doesn't appear to be the player he was before injury.

Villan57 - 30/8/2016 16:29

Just been watching his goals , definitely likes the home games . Only saw two in the away kit .

You don't always wear the away kit away. Only if there's a clash.

Well i didn't include Gabby as RDM has said he's not going to feature, and I haven't included Kozak coz, well... he's shit and always broken.

Just been watching his goals , definitely likes the home games . Only saw two in the away kit .
Exactly what I noticed too but could be more down to tactics away from home.

DeanoVilla - 30/8/2016 16:33

You don't always wear the away kit away. Only if there's a clash.

True but there seems to be a lot of teams come to Villa park and there's no colour clash yet they change strips

He wears a Jamie Vardy bandage. That must be a good sign.

Also two of those goals were against Albion and Small Heath so they don't count.

Just watched him on avtv looks like a very shy softly spoken guy but he knows what it takes to be successful in this league

What I did notice though was how many goals he has scored in the last few minutes of games.

8 of his 20 goals were scored in the last 5 minutes of either the 1st half or 2nd half.

Probably doesn't mean anything just jumped out at me.

Wouldn't mind a few last minute winners from him.

"Merd" - 30/8/2016 16:52

Yeah, I can't remember the last time we had a late winner to celebrate.

Bentekes penalty in the 94th minute vs the Albion, what a moment that was. Seems a very long time ago though.

Weird other teams can pick up players from the French 2nd Div for
~ 2 mill and a year later they are worth 17 mill whereas we pay over the odds for the stars of their top flight and can't give them away

ah well - never even heard of this fella til we were linked - hopefully he's better than our other 'strikers'

Yes. Leicester sign Kante and we end up with Gana and Veretout. It's almost like paddy Reilly is crap at his job.

JW85 - 30/8/2016 17:15

Yes. Leicester sign Kante and we end up with Gana and Veretout. It's almost like paddy Reilly is crap at his job.

Yet the Gana who is now partnering Gareth Barry at premier league Everton

It makes you really wonder if the club is down to all of these failures rather than the players themselves if it is god knows what they are doing behind close doors

Stinks of a panic buy in all honesty. We wanted a "world class" forward and have ended up with a guy who has never even played top flight football - not even in his home country. One good season and we are paying a league record fee, I don't even think his goal scoring record is that good, 19 goals in 45 games, it's decent but not outstanding, certainly not outstanding enough to splash that sort of cash based on one season. The Bristol City fans online are loving it - they all think the transfer is ridiculous. The one thing they've all said is he's inconsistent and he is too often found offside.