Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 1417 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

In the absence of Skeggie, I need to inform you all that today is the Spring Equinox.
Needless to say, it's raining - or as they say in Ireland, a grand soft day.
Skeggy needs to get his ass back on Vital.....

Come back soon .............

Reactions: BBJ
You don't look that old! 😉
I'd take that as a compliment if you had actually seen me. 😁 I did actually go to see an NHS physio last week and when I limped into the consulting room she said can I just check your date of birth because the system is telling me you are 73 this year but you look about 60 at the oldest. I told her I didn't have any money so she was wasting her time. Nice to get a compliment occasionally.

I'd take that as a compliment if you had actually seen me. 😁 I did actually go to see an NHS physio last week and when I limped into the consulting room she said can I just check your date of birth because the system is telling me you are 73 this year but you look about 60 at the oldest. I told her I didn't have any money so she was wasting her time. Nice to get a compliment occasionally.

Sometimes these compliments can be a little back-handed. In my final job, my assistant was a young woman who was once giving out about the boss. "A creepy old man" was one of her more generous of her comments. I pointed out to her that I was actually five years older than him. "Ah," she replied, "but considering your time of life, John, you're not a bad-looking man."

Sometimes these compliments can be a little back-handed. In my final job, my assistant was a young woman who was once giving out about the boss. "A creepy old man" was one of her more generous of her comments. I pointed out to her that I was actually five years older than him. "Ah," she replied, "but considering your time of life, John, you're not a bad-looking man."
I'd take that back handed or not.

Reactions: BBJ
44 years next month.
I have just re read your comment and realized that you meant 44 years in the same house. I thought you meant 44 years married. Of course it could be both. We are 46 years married, but only 26 years in this house.

Ah, I was meaning spring. Zebedee had a spring!

not sure what the other one is, but not read your following post yet!
The Zebedee I was referring to was the father of the apostles, James and John. They were therefore his offspring. 15th March is his feast day.