Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 694 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Why are mince pies called mince pies? Is mince exclusively beef?

What in the mince is going on?
They did, back in the 13 century when Crusaders bought them back from the middle east, in the form of minced meat, fruit and spices.
Probably lamb if they came from middle eastern countries.

Just back from the dentist, £259 for a crown, never had anything like that done before, so such for the NHS being free, God knows what he's have charged privately? Apprently when I go back to have the finished cap fitted it will be grey like a filling , FFS deliberately make the NHS treatment worse than private, I'd bet the grey cap cost more than a white one too

Morning.

That sounds like a steal for a crown. Over here they are can be $500-$3,000 with insurance. And that is just for the crown, no other dental work included.

I went to Sainsbury today

I had a plant delivery and a new beanie hat.

My chiari malformation is fecking smarting a tad.

I have turkey mince stir fry doo dah for my tea.

That is all, for now. :tophat:

Morning.

That sounds like a steal for a crown. Over here they are can be $500-$3,000 with insurance. And that is just for the crown, no other dental work included.
So your insurance companies get ripped off Sounds like our pet insurance, vets bills have gone through the roof since many people started having pets insured, people still have to pay £40 excess for the appointment and they never cover existing ailments

So your insurance companies get ripped off Sounds like our pet insurance, vets bills have gone through the roof since many people started having pets insured, people still have to pay £40 excess for the appointment and they never cover existing ailments

All of our insurance is crazy expensive. We have health, eye and dental. All seperate and expensive AF.

All of our insurance is crazy expensive. We have health, eye and dental. All seperate and expensive AF.
I suppose we are really lucky, I have about 8 items on prescription and as I am over 60 I don't even pay for them, there again I haven't paid for prescriptions as I have an underactive thyroid since 1996.

I suppose we are really lucky, I have about 8 items on prescription and as I am over 60 I don't even pay for them, there again I haven't paid for prescriptions as I have an underactive thyroid since 1996.
The NHS may not be perfect but it is far superior to the healthcare system we have here where people go bankrupt not being able to pay medical bills and have to choose between food or prescriptions. It's crazy.

The NHS may not be perfect but it is far superior to the healthcare system we have here where people go bankrupt not being able to pay medical bills and have to choose between food or prescriptions. It's crazy.

Yes we tend to moan but the NHS is brilliant, and they treat will anyone no matter where they are from and probably won't even chase yu for money