Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 297 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Waste collection tomorrow and I can confirm everything is in place ahead of a flawless collection.

I can also confirm it's bloody nippy out there this evening, with a fog descending which makes it look like a scene from The Exorcist.

Spent most of the day on the family tree again today. I've managed to go back to approx. 1720, but I seem to have hit a brick wall now.

Filling it out a bit now.

Spent most of the day on the family tree again today. I've managed to go back to approx. 1720, but I seem to have hit a brick wall now.

Filling it out a bit now.
A few years ago I started doing my family tree, got back as far as 1780. It does start to take over your life a bit as you become more into it.

A few years ago I started doing my family tree, got back as far as 1780. It does start to take over your life a bit as you become more into it.

1780 seems to be a sticking point in our family tree, I think the first census was 1801 or something so pretty easy to get that far back.
My Great Grandad had 13 kids and 11 survived seems it was the norm back then 1 child a year. my Grandad was the second youngest and was only given 1 first name as they didn't think he'd make it. He outlived the lot.

1780 seems to be a sticking point in our family tree, I think the first census was 1801 or something so pretty easy to get that far back.
My Great Grandad had 13 kids and 11 survived seems it was the norm back then 1 child a year. my Grandad was the second youngest and was only given 1 first name as they didn't think he'd make it. He outlived the lot.
Quite a few died in child birth or soon after. The biggest problem trying to trace my mothers side was her maiden name, Jones. Dont think I need to say more.

I'm sorry for your pain Fulford.

Your chest and sides must be killing after hearing that news. You may even have let out a little bit of pee (given your age and all).

Word of advice though, don't go to his house and shout 'Oi ******, where's your job gone' and then giggle through his letterbox. That's just uncouth.

Yes, the first census was 1801, as a result of the Population Act of 1800. Censuses in 1801, 1811 and 1821 was a bit sketchy. The first reliable one was 1831.

Yes, the first census was 1801, as a result of the Population Act of 1800. Censuses in 1801, 1811 and 1821 was a bit sketchy. The first reliable one was 1831.
I've been meaning to carry on with the one my Mom started before she died and she did it all without any internet, it's fascinating. My great Grandad was a nail die maker in Sidemoor Bromsgrove where I was brought up, I believe he was also the local pig sticker who slaughtered your pig for you when the time came in return for a leg rather than money. My Grandad was a baker in this uncles bakery over the road from where I was brought up. My Grandad could talk for England I guess that'd where i get it from.

I've been meaning to carry on with the one my Mom started before she died and she did it all without any internet, it's fascinating. My great Grandad was a nail die maker in Sidemoor Bromsgrove where I was brought up, I believe he was also the local pig sticker who slaughtered your pig for you when the time came in return for a leg rather than money. My Grandad was a baker in this uncles bakery over the road from where I was brought up. My Grandad could talk for England I guess that'd where i get it from.

All my previous ancestors on my fathers' side were based around South Warwickshire, in and around Avon Dassett, Warmington etc. Nothing special jobs wise, just aricultural labourers until moving to Birmingham for better job prospects. My great, great grandfather was based in the Ashted, Nechells and Duddeston area in the late 1890s.