Johnson resigns as MP - NG | Page 2 | Vital Football

Johnson resigns as MP - NG

Not a bufoon. That was an act and he's always known what he was doing. Deliberately put on so that people would fall for it. Sadly, it worked. Worse, there was nothing behind his cunning, no genuine vision or basic morality. Unique to all PM's in my long lifetime.

He doesn't even believe in Brexit, just used it.

100%

😁😁😁
Yes, just read his resignation statement and it had me in tears. Perhaps I've been wrong all along and he's been seriously wronged by everybody, including the Tories on the Committee that judged him.
How long would it take to set up a new party ?
I know one former Tory that will be celebrating tonight Rory Stewart openly attacked Boris for a few years now.
I wonder if he will be back now?
Or even stand against Boris at the general election simply to stop him winning?

The Any Questions audience (radio equivalent of Question Time) cheered and applauded for several minutes when the news was told to them. The Tory on the panel said this showed their obvious bias which is hilarious if the Any Questions audience is like the Question Time one which is skewed towards those who voted Tory at the last GE (as stated regularly by Fiona Bruce). Why they do that who knows but I can guess.

How long would it take to set up a new party ?
I know one former Tory that will be celebrating tonight Rory Stewart openly attacked Boris for a few years now.
I wonder if he will be back now?
Or even stand against Boris at the general election simply to stop him winning?

I absolutely love Rory Stewart, and regularly listen to his podcast with Alistair Campbell (The Rest Is Politics).

Whilst I disagree with the party he chooses to represent he’s decent, principled and fair. Exactly the type of person Boris needed expunged from the party so he could ride a wave of populism. Which didn’t only include the country, but the party itself.

Edit: Trump indited too.

Last edited:
Glad to be rid of Bozza but the thing that sadly got him his enormous majority was the fact that he respected democratic voting in respect of Brexit when Rory Stewart, Dominic Grieve, etc, kept finding ways to block, spoil and delay the implementation, creating an immovable impasse in Parliament.

The one thing I would not accuse Bozza of is thinking he knows better than the electorate that employ him.

Effectively, Stewart was one of those that forced him in to calling the last election, with the angry Red Wall seats resoundingly backing him to implement the instructions of the electorate.

Glad to be rid of Bozza but the thing that sadly got him his enormous majority was the fact that he respected democratic voting in respect of Brexit when Rory Stewart, Dominic Grieve, etc, kept finding ways to block, spoil and delay the implementation, creating an immovable impasse in Parliament.

The one thing I would not accuse Bozza of is thinking he knows better than the electorate that employ him.

Effectively, Stewart was one of those that forced him in to calling the last election, with the angry Red Wall seats resoundingly backing him to implement the instructions of the electorate.

Stewart, Grieve, Clarke, May and half the country could see through the lies and undeliverable propaganda that were peddled to deliver the tiniest of majorities. Decent Tories who knew it was wrong.
Don't forget that scruffy chancer changed sides overnight from Remain to Leave purely to get the best shot at the top job he always coveted.

Anyone with kids of a certain age will be familiar with the, "would you rather..." questions, where you are offered two equally unpleasant options.

Today's question is: would you rather have Scally back in charge of the Gills or Johnson back in charge of the country?

As anyone who has played this game before will know, the person who poses the question is not obliged to provide an answer themselves

And whilst I wouldn't want to influence anyone's answer to the question I will remind you that one of Scally's most heinous crimes was presenting Johnson with a personalised Gills shirt. Absolutely un-fucking-forgivable.

Anyone with kids of a certain age will be familiar with the, "would you rather..." questions, where you are offered two equally unpleasant options.

Today's question is: would you rather have Scally back in charge of the Gills or Johnson back in charge of the country?

As anyone who has played this game before will know, the person who poses the question is not obliged to provide an answer themselves

And whilst I wouldn't want to influence anyone's answer to the question I will remind you that one of Scally's most heinous crimes was presenting Johnson with a personalised Gills shirt. Absolutely un-fucking-forgivable.
I think I would go for Johnson back at number ten.i genuinely think enough people have seen through him now.However if he is able to pick a seat I am sure parts of the country would still vote for him as their MP.The rest is politics actually does cover what is next for Boris quite well I think.They included Boris applying for Dorres's seat in Mid Beds .
Regardless of leader the Tories are sunk at the next election.Boris might even come back stronger if he comes back after the dust has settled.It is hard to see the Tory leadership welcoming him back now.But after a heavy defeat who knows?

Last edited:
I think I would go for Johnson back at number ten.i genuinely think enough people have seen through him now.However if he is able to pick a seat I am sure parts of the country would still vote for him as their MP.The rest is politics actually does cover what is next for Boris quite well I think.They included Boris applying for Dorres's seat in Mid Beds .
Regardless of leader the Tories are sunk at the next election.Boris might even come back stronger if he comes back after the dust has settled.It is hard to see the Tory leadership welcoming him back now.Bur after a heavy defeat who knows?

Tories being sunk at the next election would be a start but I'd like to see them sunk forever.