Joe Morrell in the Wales squad | Vital Football

Joe Morrell in the Wales squad

With our small squad perhaps we can do 'a Bolton'

How many do we need to be called up to get it postponed due to "International commitments" a la Yeovil? Must be someone in the squad with great grandparents from some obscure eastern European or Caribbean nation playing on the same day who we can persuade to get called up?

To be honest I'm suprised Danny and Nicky haven't anticipated this problem and had a plan for some last minute passports to be issued. Seems like sloppy preparation to me for a pair so dedicated to having a plan for every eventuality!

Neal Eardley overlooked yet again.

Don't know whether two players would have been enough for a postponement?

Would want Bossie in the back four at Wycombe to combat Akinfenwa; needs a rethink in central midfield for this one I think.

Fantastic news for Joe though!

Would want Bossie in the back four at Wycombe to combat Akinfenwa; needs a rethink in central midfield for this one I think.

Fantastic news for Joe though!

Not sure Akinfenwa is starting regularly for them at the moment?

Not sure Akinfenwa is starting regularly for them at the moment?

Started last night, scored and subbed after 68 minutes v Fleetwood
Came on last 15 mins as sub on Saturday v MKD.
Played 90 minutes in first two league games.

Great news for Joe but a miss for us for the Wycombe game. We would need 2 other call ups at any age level to request a postponement.

We'll be okay next season though as Championship games are never played over International break periods

DC could use this to his advantage for potential loans. Player comes on loan to L1 Lincoln and gets called up to a non too shabby international team. 'Do you want to be a Prem/Championship reserve or playing regularly at a good standard in a decent team? Do the math young man'. This may also cause teams potentially looking at loaning us players to sit up and take note.

Player comes on loan to L1 Lincoln and gets called up to a non too shabby international team.
That is actually true in this case. Morrell last appeared for the U21 side last October and has not been involved with the full side before - therefore it must be his performances for Lincoln that have led to the call-up.

Wales could do with something new - six defeats from their last nine games.