Joe Morrell in the Wales squad | Page 3 | Vital Football

Joe Morrell in the Wales squad

Lewis had that game at Huddersfield - that should strengthen his case, if he is still eligible as an U21.
The rule states that a player has to be 21 or under at the start of a two-year European U21 Championship campaign to be eligible for the whole tournament. That means a player can be 23 by the end of it. In effect, players must have been born on or after 1 January 1998 to qualify for the current 2021 tournament, and Lewis was born on 26 June 1998. If he remains in the squad and Wales qualify for the finals in summer 2021, he would actually turn 23 the day before the final.

Are there likely to be call-ups later in the season? If so, we really need a few extra bodies.

That call up leaves us just 16?
I think it is 17:
Vickers, Smith, Eardley, Bolger, Bostwick, Shackell, Toffolo, Bradley, Grant, O'Connor, Chapman, Anderson, Andrade, Payne, Walker, Akinde, Adebayo-Smith.

Assuming Frecklington and Pett are still missing (likely), we do not sign any more players before the deadline (unlikely) and we do not pick up any more injuries (unlikely).

Are there likely to be call-ups later in the season? If so, we really need a few extra bodies.
Good question. From the FIFA International Match Calendar:
2-10 September 2019
7-15 October 2019
11-19 November 2019
23-31 March 2020

EDIT: Wales U21 play qualifiers in September, November and March. The full Wales team has qualifiers in September, October, November, with the play-offs in March if they qualify for them.

Last edited:
I think it is 17:
Vickers, Smith, Eardley, Bolger, Bostwick, Shackell, Toffolo, Bradley, Grant, O'Connor, Chapman, Anderson, Andrade, Payne, Walker, Akinde, Adebayo-Smith.

Assuming Frecklington and Pett are still missing (likely), we do not sign any more players before the deadline (unlikely) and we do not pick up any more injuries (unlikely).
3 of that 17 have played no minutes in league games.
Chapman has played two sub appearances amounting to about ten minutes.
So the effective squad size for that match is currently 13.

Get on the blower to the Finland manager and get Bradley called up!
We could even pay for his ferry ticket...

Having already bought 2 tickets for Wycombe which I might struggle to utilise on a midweek game can I formally rebuke our team for bringing in International class players. Where's Paul Robson when you need him

I don't suppose Northern Ireland would recall Michael O'Connor?

(If they have games on any of those dates)

O'Connor ! Yes definite recall needed there.
They don't even need to want to play him, just get him along for the craic.

Anyone we can get in on loan from absolutely anywhere who has just been picked for any national team at any level ?

O'Connor ! Yes definite recall needed there.
They don't even need to want to play him, just get him along for the craic.

Anyone we can get in on loan from absolutely anywhere who has just been picked for any national team at any level ?

Wales Under 21's have a 18 year old keeper from Cardiff named. He's not even in Cardiff's 1st team squad. Can't we just declare an injury to one our keepers and pull him in on emergency loan?

Wales Under 21's have a 18 year old keeper from Cardiff named. He's not even in Cardiff's 1st team squad. Can't we just declare an injury to one our keepers and pull him in on emergency loan?

Exactly the ideas we need.
What about anyone from Hunan Province?
Do they have a player in any age group in the Chinese international set up?
An ideal sponsorship opportunity...think of all the shirt sales that would ensue too.

Maybe by the time we play Wycombe we might 2 or 3 extra players on board who knows?
Highly likely I'd of thought.