Jarvis again | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jarvis again

Probably ‘duds’ is the wrong word I probably should have said the new players who have not yet met Evans expectations

The thing is we know Evans has signed a few duds and he will look to offload them in January. Jarvis looked very very good in training and what’s interesting is that when Evans took over he made a huge statement by saying he didn’t want injury prone players and he would get shut of them - yet Willock closely followed by RCC could be said to be to be just that. I think he’s putting huge confidence in Willock who’s yet to deliver.
Evans wants players he can depend upon week in week out. However Jarvis may have given that extra bit of class when needed. Some might say a bit of a luxury player now but we have a very small squad. Evans can change his mind in an instant no matter how well anyone does. Once he changes his mind he never goes back because he’s stubborn and full of himself IMO. Jarvis may have been a special talent that we could have pulled off the bench when needed and become a game changer ? Could he have controlled Jarvis ?probably not and that’s what Evans is all about.
I think Evans was referring to players that had a history of injury problems, I’m not sure Willock has suffered previously you could say he has just been unlucky. Billy Bingham was injury prone at Dagenham and was constantly on the treatment table, garmston similarly has had lots of injuries yet Lovell gave him a two year deal when one would been more precautionary. Could Evans control Jarvis? This suggests Jarvis is uncontrollable and somewhat disruptive? I find that hard to believe but there you go. looks like another attempt to have a dig at the manager to me.

I think Evans was referring to players that had a history of injury problems, I’m not sure Willock has suffered previously you could say he has just been unlucky. Billy Bingham was injury prone at Dagenham and was constantly on the treatment table, garmston similarly has had lots of injuries yet Lovell gave him a two year deal when one would been more precautionary. Could Evans control Jarvis? This suggests Jarvis is uncontrollable and somewhat disruptive? I find that hard to believe but there you go. looks like another attempt to have a dig at the manager to me.
Ffs sake 93 these are just thoughts - look I’m no fan of Evans that’s for sure - it’s not a dig at him and it’s not a dig at Matt either - he has been an awesome player and still has the quality to make things happen. Evans struggles at Leeds with high quality players as his way is the only way. Matt has been a superb Premier footballer and I’m not saying he is disruptive at all far from it. But if you think you’re going to bully a player of matts calibre and with agent power etc ... it won’t happen so my point was maybe matts background is too much for Evans to handle ?
And I will repeat again Garmston hasn’t been injured for 2amd half years now and yes we know he’s had restricted game time but that’s not down to him. Lovell would not have given him another 2 year deal if he hadn’t resolved his injury issues

Where’s garmston been for two and half years then? Locked away in your cupboard. In all seriousness I see where your coming from but I don’t think Evans would just sign a player he thinks he can bully as you put it, I think he would sign a player because of there undoubted quality and given his limited resources he wasn’t going to take a punt on a player that might spend more time on the treatment table then playing football. I may be wrong on this so correct me if so but weren’t Leeds struggling prior to Evans appointment and if anything he steered them from danger.

If Jarvis and his agent are not to be bullied, would that not suggest that they are looking for something other than a pay as you play deal?

Normally only players without any other options accept those.