January Window | Page 58 | Vital Football

January Window

It seems reasonable to suspect that we have been knocked back with our first choice if we are making a late bid for someone. We wouldent have left it so late to bid for a main target

It seems reasonable to suspect that we have been knocked back with our first choice if we are making a late bid for someone. We wouldent have left it so late to bid for a main target

maybe we don’t think he is worth the fee or that he is settled up in Scotland. Could be an abundance of reasons, but I do think in this case he was first choice, if we was ever properly interested in him.

Re Sykes it seems this is his only decent season to date. Bit like Stockton I suppose. Shouldn’t be expensive so it should be a take it or leave it offer given he’s out of contract in the summer.

Re Sykes it seems this is his only decent season to date. Bit like Stockton I suppose. Shouldn’t be expensive so it should be a take it or leave it offer given he’s out of contract in the summer.

He's been a first team starter for the past 3 seasons for them so I don't think this is first good season but he's far more prolific this year.

He's been a first team starter for the past 3 seasons for them so I don't think this is first good season but he's far more prolific this year.
Sounds like he's had a Naismith style transformation down there and gone from scapegoat to key player in the space of a year. Considering he was signed from Ireland, it probably just took him time to adapt to the standard of football.

Kendrick doesn't think we are in for Sykes. But hints still stuff in the pipeline.

The fact we announced Rae makes me think we are very confident that at least one more deal will happen. As if we weren't certain we'd have anyone else I think we'd have held back the Rae announcement until near the window shutting to finish on a positive note. As if you announce someone at mid day the fans get their hopes up for another and if nothing else happens the fans get disappointed.

A source up in Scotland now saying McGrath on his way to Wigan, very interesting turns of events, looks like both sides of my family will be pleased tonight after all.

do wonder if that Sykes rumour was to force the hands of clubs