JANUARY WINDOW THREAD | Page 25 | Vital Football

JANUARY WINDOW THREAD

It’s obvious they are going to lose money this season. With the high earners still here. And some reports. Say we were in a lot more in debt than Danson thought.

I find the rumour that the clubs is losing more money than Danson thought to be a really strange one.

Yes the deal was done rather quickly in the grand scheme of things but he did do due diligence. So he'd have been able to see the the costs, revenues, etc.

I can't see him not fully being aware of the costs for this season before he bought us.

If he was as desperate to keep costs down, there's no way he'd have allowed Maloney and Rioch to bring in 7 loans and have 2 players from other clubs getting paid to sit in the stands every week.

I find the rumour that the clubs is losing more money than Danson thought to be a really strange one.

Yes the deal was done rather quickly in the grand scheme of things but he did do due diligence. So he'd have been able to see the the costs, revenues, etc.

I can't see him not fully being aware of the costs for this season before he bought us.

If he was as desperate to keep costs down, there's no way he'd have allowed Maloney and Rioch to bring in 7 loans and have 2 players from other clubs getting paid to sit in the stands every week.
I don’t think it’s necessarily about losing more money than expected but more a case of finding things under the bonnet that didn’t come out during the sale.

I don’t think it’s necessarily about losing more money than expected but more a case of finding things under the bonnet that didn’t come out during the sale.
I suspect (though with no evidence) that this is more likely to be stuff like the contracting arrangements that were in place (eg Sodexho, Fans Fund, Ticketing) as opposed to anything financial.

The club's already sorting these out, ... it seems that CEO or no CEO, the business side is following the lead of the football side, and getting back onto solid foundations.

Not really "literally", but yes, that performance cemented him as a Tics legend.

He knocked himself out cold at one point and they put him in the recovery position and had to stop him swallowing his tounge, most players would go off on a stretcher but woke up and dominated despite probably being concust.

You'd have to killed him to get him off the pitch that day. Never seen anything like it. Absolute warrior.

He knocked himself out cold at one point and they put him in the recovery position and had to stop him swallowing his tounge, most players would go off on a stretcher but woke up and dominated.

You'd have to killed him to get him off the pitch that day. Never seen anything like it. Absolute warrior.
It’s easier to watch when you already know the outcome, the game had everything. As much as I felt elated, I did feel for Sheffield as West Ham should have been relegated. Sheffield got badly treated by the Premier League a bit like us with the efl.

He knocked himself out cold at one point and they put him in the recovery position and had to stop him swallowing his tounge, most players would go off on a stretcher but woke up and dominated despite probably being concust.

:LOL: I'm not going to argue whether or not a player was "literally" willing to die for a football match.

That's a failure of due diligence on behalf of Danson.