JANUARY WINDOW THREAD | Vital Football

JANUARY WINDOW THREAD

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero

Huge blow for St Johnstone as Wigan recall loan star Luke Robinson​

The 21-year-old has been one of Saints' best players this season.

He has stated that he wanted to stop doing 6 and 7 day weeks. Even though he was the club doctor he was still a GP! He's now looking forward to spending more time with his family! Seems like he's really happy with how his time at the club has gone, but he now has other priorities to me...

Ipswich reckon they can get Hughes for £1.5 million???

Are we back in administration?

Are they Dyslexic and have got it the wrong way round, maybe £5.1 million. He is under contract until the summer of 2028 so they would need to pay the rest of his contract off plus compensation.

We are also looking to extend Tickles contract to keep him at the club.

Ipswich reckon they can get Hughes for £1.5 million???

Are we back in administration?
It has been suggested on their forums that will be the figure to buy him because we are in desperate financial difficulties, I cannot see this new owner, who is a 'serial investor' letting anyone leave for less than a maximum return.

A post on a latics facebook page says that the 1.5 mill buyout was based on his original contract when he was just a prospect, now he has 50 + games at senior level and an international call up plus an extended and improved contract earlier this year will probably mean his buy out worth will have increased as well.

Last edited:
If you look into Danson's modus operandi as a businessman he makes money and knows a decent investment, it's a no brainer he will want maximum return.

True. He’d need to be a bloody idiot to let him leave for that amount.

I’m not sure what the going rate is for good young English centre halves but it isn’t 1.5 million. Hopefully he’ll have a good game against United and his exposure and consequently value will increase accordingly.

I’m not sure what the going rate is for good young English centre halves but it isn’t 1.5 million. Hopefully he’ll have a good game against United and his exposure and consequently value will increase accordingly.
Remember release clauses are usually higher than actual current value of a player, they usually reflect the contract worth, it may well could have been 1.5 mil as a good young prospect. However as I posted earlier what I had read elsewhere, Hughes has progressed past that, a bigger longer contract, a substantial number of senior games under his belt and international recognition, his buyout will have increased with his growing stature.

£1.5m...no chance, no way that would happen, particularly if we are looking into extending Tickle's contact, selling a major asset cheaply, while looking to extend the contract of another would make no sense whatsoever

Robinson has done his chances of a move to Liverpool no harm in Fulham's win over Arsenal today.

Had a solid game and created chances for them with his pace.

He was touted as being a target for City at £35 million last window, I would expect Liverpool, given their problems at left back to be asked for £40 million.

That would give us a massive cash injection of about £5 million after we pay Everton their sell on, which I believe is about 30% of any profit.