JANUARY WINDOW THREAD | Page 16 | Vital Football

JANUARY WINDOW THREAD

I hope that is right but in recent years Pompey only really made one big cash signing which was 500k for their striker Bishop. So 750k does sound quite high for them unless the 750k figures isn't the actual transfer fee and includes various potential add ons.

But if it is 750k guaranteed then we've done incredibly well in the current L1 market.

Really sad to see Lang go, can't ever fault his effort and he's been a great servant for the club but he's struggled since we've insisted on moving him into the middle. He's a very good L1 right winger who we know can get well over 20 goal contributions a season but we've just never used him there this year and he's been a shadow of the player he can be out of position. I think he'll immediately regain his form at Pompey if they put him on the right and we'll be looking back thinking 'why didn't we just play him there?'. But whatever happens i wish him well.
Agree, 750 must include add ons

Will the 750k go towards the Rugby?

In seriousness, Lang was not utilized correctly by Maloney, and it suits both parties here. The question is, what do we do with the funds? Hold off until summer? We can't sign players for fee's so it most likely goes towards new contracts. I would not be a fan of using this money towards a loan players wages, especially when we have not outside chance of promotion. And there is no excuse that this team we currently have should be near the bottom end of the table. Mid-table finish seems very likely. We don't need to sign this window in this case.

In seriousness, Lang was not utilized correctly by Maloney, and it suits both parties here. The question is, what do we do with the funds? Hold off until summer? We can't sign players for fee's so it most likely goes towards new contracts. I would not be a fan of using this money towards a loan players wages, especially when we have not outside chance of promotion. And there is no excuse that this team we currently have should be near the bottom end of the table. Mid-table finish seems very likely. We don't need to sign this window in this case.
corect.
we musnt let a rush o blood to the hed spend the money in a rash wey.
i agree that weve got what weve got and if were heer at this time of the seeson then. barring big injurys. we shuld be ok til the end. i stick by my forcast of 50 points will see us safe. 5 wins from 19 games.
bank the cash and see what it buys in the summer. lets not forget i think we get about £1.5mil as well. about 750k from efl and some from prem. lets hope the robinson move to chelsea goes ahed an all. thats not a bad pot to start of with.

Think there will be a couple more out the door before Thursday. Humphrey’s. Will be looking for a way out. Not the same footballer that we saw at the start of the season. Watts if someone will take his loan deal up. He will be gone or he will be sat in the stands and needs game time
He may not be the same footballer we saw at the beginning of the season, but 'HE IS' the footballer we have seen from the rest of his time with us.

Last edited:
i think that any drop in form is a 2 way street. it comes from both pleyer and maneger. sommart changes in the dinamic. in this case its pleying him out of positeon. but. its also the case of asking why is he being pleyed out of positeon. in other words was it a long term 'push' from sean to get to this stage.

also when it comes to form droping off. lets not forget are ilustreous manegers last 6 months or so pleying for us in the prem. lots of chat back then of him not puting a shift in and looking disintrested and looking for a bigger club.

he was a moody get back then. i hope hes not caried that trate on into his manegement style.

Pretty much this.

Decent fee if true, but unquestionably it’ll be the total including add ons. Wish Langy nothing but the best, stood by the club when we needed it most. That’ll never be forgotten. Decent move for him and reasonable fee for us if we aren’t going to utilise him in a role which will get the best out of him.
Let's not forget he could have walked away for free like the snakes Whatmough and McGrath.

Sad to see him go, but echo your sentiment in wishing him nothing but the best.

I think Lang signed a new deal under the last regime so he was probably on big money, so any new recruits wages would likely be less than what he was on.

Due to all of the transfers limitations we have i think the fee will just go to offset loses from this season.

also when it comes to form droping off. lets not forget are ilustreous manegers last 6 months or so pleying for us in the prem. lots of chat back then of him not puting a shift in and looking disintrested and looking for a bigger club.

he was a moody get back then. i hope hes not caried that trate on into his manegement style.
That is so much the case, didn't he claim he wanted a dream move to the MLS and within no time was back in this country at Hull.

And once again....Undisclosed fee, so he's gone for peanuts, well done Tinkerbell! :arrghh::finger:

It's not just us, very few clubs at any level publicly announce the fee they receive or pay for players.

Sometimes the media speculate or leak the fee, but clubs very rarely give the number themselves these days.

If we got a massive fee or peanuts we'd not announce it, so you can't read anything into it either way.

Someone else on Twitter said 500k plus add on's. No idea if that is accurate but that is sounding pretty feasible.

If we we did get about half a million guaranteed then that is a very reasonable fee in the current market for an L1 players who's struggled this year (granted that he was out of position) and last year in the Championship.

That's not having a go at Lang or saying he couldn't do better if he went back to the Championship with a different club, but 500k is a lot of money for anyone outside the Prem these days. I wouldn't have predicted anyone looking to be in Championship next season would be looking at paying the supposed type of fee we got.

The "in the know" figure is said to be £750k (which may include add ons) so why do you reckon it's more likely peanuts?

Trying too hard again mate.
Ey, peanuts are dear these days!

I’ll be gutted if Lang kicks on but also thanks for everything! Credit to the academy and club