January transfer window rumours, gossip and all | Page 19 | Vital Football

January transfer window rumours, gossip and all

Everything is crossed Pride. If Hogan picks up another injury, I have zero confidence that either Gabby or Ross would score the goals we need to get us promoted

I'm not overly concerned about a striker to be honest.

It's a nice to have but I think we'll get promoted without bringing in another one.

Always rated Hogan and really pleased he's now being given the ammunition to put away.

If he gets injured, Davis never let us down. He's not a goalscorer but his hold up play and workrate is good, and he can help the guys like Grealish, Snoddy, Adomah, Green and Hourihane.... we'd find a way to win games as we did when he played earlier in the season.

If both of those guys are out, I'm itching to see O'Hare get a run in the team, and also as a last resort Gabby can still do a job at this level despite what some say.

i think those 4 and the attacking midfield options we have behind give us enough for promotion.

No shock really, the much linked outward Tommy Elphick has departed for Reading on loan.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524181">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Rumour is 1 possible incoming , the words surely not used to describe the player in question. I'm going for benteke , Hodgson has said a first teamer is going out so benteke or Ibrahimavic, I'm not fussy.

pvb1968 - 29/1/2018 16:27

Rumour is 1 possible incoming , the words surely not used to describe the player in question. I'm going for benteke , Hodgson has said a first teamer is going out so benteke or Ibrahimavic, I'm not fussy.

Lol, can you imagine if Ibrahimovic rocked up for a few months! Full house every week.

I've seen Benik Afobe's name being touted around social media as a possible inbound. He'd do a job for us if required.

Villa flop once again shipped out, lets hope this loan works out better than the last one.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524183">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Hey ho, doesn't sound like he can be particularly bothered when on loan, up to him isn't it? He can fade away or he can fight back.

Just like the Villa to bring me down with a bump so soon.

Hate to be negative here , but I am SERIOUSLY worried with this link to Lewis Grabban.

We were linked with Afobe as well, but thats gone quiet, but Grabban ?

Here are my worries

Can Grabban help us this year - possibly , maybe ? , Maybe not ?

Now, I presume Bournemouth have recalled him as they want money for him, whether thats money now, or a loan with view to permenant, so the question is - can Grabban play Premier League football ?

At the age of 30, been loaned out six times in his career , played virtually all of it in League 1 , played 18 premier league games of football for a team that creates chances and has not scored a single goal - sorry, if this is what we will go into next season with against the likes of Man CIty (with hope) we will go down with less points than last time.

I know its hard in the position we are in, we need to get promotion, but we need players that are good enough for the Premier league, but don't waste money for the sake of it - this guy isn't the answer.

Afobe - the jury is out on him, but at 24, he can get better - Grabban won't.

If it is a short term loan, then fine, yep, I'd take it , but why would Bournemouth agree to that - they could have just left him at Sunderland. DO NOT agree to buy him Villa - what ever you do

(save the money, and IF we go up, and IF he proves his fitness at the Great Obsessed, then go and bring Benteke and Stturridge home. We would stay up with them, we won't with the likes of Lewis Grabban !

VILLA AGREE GRABBAN DEAL

Sky Sources: Aston Villa have agreed a deal with Bournemouth to take Lewis Grabban on loan for the rest of the season.

Grabban scored 12 goals in 20 apps for Sunderland earlier this season.

:10: :10:

How about give the guy a chance before he’s even played a minute for us??

We were looking for a guy to fill in whilst Kodjia is out, Grabban will do that.

He’s scored 12 already this season playing for Sunderland and we have all seen how piss poor they have been.

There could be any number of reasons why Bournemouth recalled him. Sunderland are skint and the deal they agreed earlier in the season may not have included them paying 100% of his wage and limited loan fee, who knows?

I’d certainly have more optimism with Grabban in there than Gabby.

If that's confirmed, I'd be happy. Did a decent job in a struggling Sunderland side, could do even better in a winning side.

Joint 3rd top scorer in the Championship, has scored more than any of our players, and like Pride and others have mentioned, all in a rubbish Sunderland team.

Not bad as cover for Hogan and Davis.

Is it a loan, or is it a loan with a view.......

We would be mad to agree to that.

Jury out for me in all respects. He is 30 years old and has had more loans than Wonga. It seems as soon as he gets to a club, he is shipped out within months somewhere else. I bloody hope this isn't a Cascarino moment.

It makes no sense to me, why would Bournemouth call him back from Sunderland where he was scoring and gaining value, if they were not going to get money for him, and , why would Grabban come here knowing he is going to sit on the bench - so , is it to replace Hogan ? , if so, what does that do to team spirit which is currently the best we have had since 2009.

Honestly thought we had enough for the next few months, and we should only buy if they are good enough to take us forward if we get promoted

Hogan, Davis, Gabby , McCormack (he is now back and fit, and surely we should utilise him) as well as the likes of Snodgrass and Adomah who can play that position should be more than enough in this league

Forget about Gabby, McCormack and the younger lads Holtelower.

It's Hogan and Davis and that's it.

What if Hogan goes over on his ankle, or something equally as bad and is out for 2 months? Or the rest of the season? Seen it numerous times already.

Do you really think we can take that chance with us being this close? It would be madness.

With our bloody luck Davis and Hogan could well be crocked in the next few weeks and where would that leave us...Gabby? No thanks. Grabban's record is pretty decent so as a short term measure it's a sensible move to me. We need cover and he would seem to fit the bill.