January Transfer Targets & Rumors | Page 62 | Vital Football

January Transfer Targets & Rumors

Really should have been sent back - as using a valuable loan slot!

Still got 4 loan slots left, even if we don't move anyone out. Are we likely even to fill those tomorrow, though it would be nice to save the money on him. Sounds like he might be available for the play-offs though!

Still got 4 loan slots left, even if we don't move anyone out. Are we likely even to fill those tomorrow, though it would be nice to save the money on him. Sounds like he might be available for the play-offs though!

That's assuming 'back in March' means actually playing & not the point he resumes full training, because at that business end of the season we need match fit players.

I don't think money will be an issue as I doubt we will have been paying much if anything to West Ham, whilst he hasn't been involved here!

I'd like to think we bring in 3-4 players and most likely they will be on loan, adding to Colback, Janko, Byram and Goncalves - given that we can only have 5 in a match day squad, I do see that as financially wasteful.... but, there are glaring needs, due to injuries.

That's assuming 'back in March' means actually playing & not the point he resumes full training, because at that business end of the season we need match fit players.

I don't think money will be an issue as I doubt we will have been paying much if anything to West Ham, whilst he hasn't been involved here!

Unless as per the deal (wasn’t there a plan in place to sign him in the summer?) with WHam he has to stay on loan here? Though if we were gonna sign him wouldn’t we just make it permanent now?

mings is good. as a loan
SCRATCH THAT. NOT IF IT COSTS US 1 MILLION CASH AN TOP OF THE WAGES.
pele was touted to wolves last year in champinionship and they turned him down. BUt they do have a good side.
The 6 foot odd forward, absolutely, we need goals

Last edited:
Unless as per the deal (wasn’t there a plan in place to sign him in the summer?) with WHam he has to stay on loan here? Though if we were gonna sign him wouldn’t we just make it permanent now?

Byram is a top player, but not whilst sat on a treatment table and I'd be staggered if any loan did not factor in season ending injuries as a suitable reason to cancel said loan.

He also returned to his parent club for treatment & hence, why I'd guess we are not paying his wage until he does return.

put it this way do you think osborn will ever get that many appearances in the prem? Looks like Osborns days are numbered at left back. I cant see him getting a game anywhere in midfield.

Mcclean looked a threat when they visited this season.

This is half the problem with keep changing managers all the time tho isnt it. I mean these players, some of them , have real ability and its the managers job to utilise them well. I always fancied Ozzie in what I consider inside left, perhaps of a 5 in midfield. That's where his position actually is, where he is a natural. Hes not a winger or a centre mid or a left back, same as Cashy on the other side.

I mean it may actually be obvious and I have actually touched upon it before (now I remember, writing this) we have genuinely had a lot of shit managers. How many of them have gone on to do anything at all after us? Id lean towards 0 of them.

Karanka was an improvement. Mad us more a team. But from day one 'we' knew he had little clue when it came to the offensive side of the game.

We had some 'average' players under Clough. Clough just gave them simple roles and they became integral to a well oiled machine.

we need 'midfielders' not half a job in defence or attack :)

Reading up on Pele - he is a box to box midfielder but can also play in a defensive role, with Anigo (or whatever his name is) in the building, you do get the feeling we may have at least 1 signing from 'left field'.... ideally, left back!

mings is good. as a loan
SCRATCH THAT. NOT IF IT COSTS US 1 MILLION CASH AN TOP OF THE WAGES.
pele was touted to wolves last year in champinionship and they turned him down. BUt they do have a good side.
The 6 foot odd forward, absolutely, we need goals

If we had the slightest chance of getting Mings and possibly the chance of making it permanent, it's definitely a punt I'd take!

Virgil Gomis to Counteh on loan... possibly with another from our ranks to join them - apparently, we are looking to help out our neighbours & Mr Hardy may well have had a fair old slice of humble pie for tea!