January Transfer Targets & Rumors | Page 3 | Vital Football

January Transfer Targets & Rumors

He's not played at all this season, other than for Cardiff's u23's.

He's 30 in Jan, clearly not wanted by Warnock & whilst he's a good player - it depends on his fitness levels.

If Karanka was all out for this season then Tomlin was a better option than carvalho id say

If Karanka was all out for this season then Tomlin was a better option than carvalho id say

I'm not averse to Tomlin coming in, but only on loan - which, I'm not sure Cardiff or Tomlin would be happy with.

Tomlin will have to get match fit, but, on his day - he can be a game changer. On current showings - I'd rather have Tomlin than Goncalves.

Well, as Tomlin is now on £30k a week, sitting on his arse & playing golf. I can't see anything other than a loan. But would provide some cover for Calvalho.

Well, as Tomlin is now on £30k a week, sitting on his arse & playing golf. I can't see anything other than a loan. But would provide some cover for Calvalho.

Me - I'd say let him rot - he went chasing the the money instead of looking after his career when he opted to stay at Cardiff.

If he couldn't get into the Cardiff side when they was in the Championship how the hell did he think he was going to win back a place in the Premiership?? He stayed put on his contract so he qualified for the promotion bonus but his plans backfired when Cardiff left him out of their first team squad.

I'm sorry, but their was a contract here waiting for him but he pi$$ed us about all summer so he deserves what he's got so let's move on!!!!!

So we pay someone 30k to be a back up for the Carv...shrewed business eh...fir 30 k i want someone that plays every week nd make me forget the portugese...by chipping goals nd providing assists to his team mates...

So we pay someone 30k to be a back up for the Carv...shrewed business eh...fir 30 k i want someone that plays every week nd make me forget the portugese...by chipping goals nd providing assists to his team mates...
Don't think we would be willing to pay all his wages. Probably £20k max!

I would totally depend on what other clubs are prepared to pay towards his wages. If nobody makes any kind of offer we'd probably be able to get him on loan for 5k a week.

Cardiff left with a choice then, pay him 30k for fuck all or pay him 25k to put himself in the shop window.

Me - I'd say let him rot - he went chasing the the money instead of looking after his career when he opted to stay at Cardiff.

If he couldn't get into the Cardiff side when they was in the Championship how the hell did he think he was going to win back a place in the Premiership?? He stayed put on his contract so he qualified for the promotion bonus but his plans backfired when Cardiff left him out of their first team squad.

I'm sorry, but their was a contract here waiting for him but he pi$$ed us about all summer so he deserves what he's got so let's move on!!!!!

He's not the first footballer to do that - Cardiff at fault for offering a contract like that, that wasn't performance related.

Also, Cardiff wanted a fee for permanent sale (they did not want a loan), effectively to fund them paying up his contract - clearly, Tomlin has to look after his family, so I don't have a problem with him wanting the best for them

As I said, I take him on loan.

I would imagine Tomlin was considering the possibility of Warnock getting the sack pretty early on in their campaigned & hoping a new manager would have given him a chance to play from January onwards.

Not gonna happen now, but I don't think anyone would have been shocked if Cardiff had sacked Colin after the first 8/10 games.

He's not just a professional footballer earing 30k a week, he's also a human being with a family to consider.

Not sure he'd come here now anyway, he'd be a bench warmer at best here imo.

I still think we've moved on and don't need him!!

He is in charge of his own destiny - he's shot himself in the foot once and regretting it so let's see where is next ill fated move takes him!!!

I think Tomlin would be a good loan , he's capable of getting a goal out of nothing and is quite creative , well worth having in the squad i reckon especially if Carvalho is having an off day.

Ebere Eze looks an exciting young player , plays just off the lone striker normally .
Woud be an excellent addition and competition for Carvalho but QPR would no doubt be reluctant to sell.
No rumour just a player i'd like to see us in for.
Eze is his name and the boy's coming

...straight outta compton.

He's a fat, lazy, greedy, self-absorbed albeit talented fook. We already had one of those who at least cared about the club (unlike Tomlin) and he was still a disruptive influence.

Be fair.

I think he is 30. He is about to get £30k a week and a first crack at the top flight. Cardiff isn't a massive swuad- it only takes a couple of injuries and he might have had his chance.

If I was turning 30, coming to the end of my career and had a family and life after the game to financially plan for I would have taken the money as well. It's young kids who need to look after their career development. Older players need to look after themselves and their families.

Be fair.

I think he is 30. He is about to get £30k a week and a first crack at the top flight. Cardiff isn't a massive swuad- it only takes a couple of injuries and he might have had his chance.

If I was turning 30, coming to the end of my career and had a family and life after the game to financially plan for I would have taken the money as well. It's young kids who need to look after their career development. Older players need to look after themselves and their families.

Not his first crack

Be fair.